Starter kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickj

Reaction score
5th day of fermenting and I'm not seeing any bubbles on the top but I see some stuff on the bottom of the fermenter. I loosened the lid a little and a tiny bit of liquid ran down the side and had an alcohol smell. Do you think I should keep letting this ferment or start over? This is my first try at this.

5th day of fermenting and I'm not seeing any bubbles on the top but I see some stuff on the bottom of the fermenter. I loosened the lid a little and a tiny bit of liquid ran down the side and had an alcohol smell. Do you think I should keep letting this ferment or start over? This is my first try at this.

It sounds fine. It actually seems to be finished, which isn't uncommon by day 5, especially if the temperature is above 64 degrees where the fermenter is.

You can sanitize a hydrometer and check the SG if you're really concerned about it, of course.

Back