What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DisturbdChemist said:
I need to visit that brewery. The tempress was awesome

Having a Southern Star- rauchbeir. Yummy (and free)

Free? Can't beat that.

My maiden batch.... An Autumn Amber Ale...I have to say I am quiet impressed for my first go at it. Already have 3 more in the works. A Saison, Orange Spice Belgian Ale, and a Hefeweizen. Very excited for the coming weeks!

One more for the night, as my baseball game has an inning and a half to go. I've switched to Ruthless Rye because another Breakfast Stout would make for a bad morning at work.

Ridire, no connection that I am aware of. Owners name is Nick Floyd. Munster Indiana is their location.

Some of this after half a growler of Steel Toe Rainmaker. Going to be a nice Friday night.

ForumRunner_20130503_220955.png

Swarley88 said:
Some of this after half a growler of Steel Toe Rainmaker. Going to be a nice Friday night.

image-729647470.jpg

Psshh....that stuff's overrated. ;)

Swarley88 said:
Haha its good, totally is though. It's the cheapest offering they have though... which is quite weird it being a special release and all. Tasty stuff though. Citrusy and hoppy for sure.

I'd bet anything from Surly is a winner.

DisturbdChemist said:
It's a Southern Star - Red Cockaded. A 110ibu imperial red. Mmm.. a hoppy bomb. While watching Breaking Bad season 1

I'll have to try that one.

DisturbdChemist said:
Definitely go pick up some. At hubble and Hudson kitchen at gosling and research has them for $7 great deal.

Not a bad price. I'll definitely pick some up.

Coffee while i get ready for work, brewin somethin for national homebrew day later!

Coffee here, too. I am at work. Thinking of saying "screw it" later on and going to the LBHS to buy ingredients for an IPA. I wanted to wait until I got my Johnson controller so I could really control ferm temps but I guess I can just brew another beer when that comes in. I only have room for one fermenter in my mini-fridge anyway.

About to have some coffee to start my day. Unfortunately I'm working till 4pm then going to a local Harmonies and Hops Beer & Wine Celebration that the town is putting on. Stoked for that.

Nutella stout !? How, what?! Is it good?

Haha it is quite good actually. I was really pleased with how it turned out. I'm not quite so sure that it tastes like Nutella...but it's good nonetheless. I just did a sweet stout with 1lb lactose, 8oz crushed up bakers chocolate, and 1oz hazelnut liquor. The lactose and chocolate came through nicely but the hazelnut didn't really come through much

Haha it is quite good actually. I was really pleased with how it turned out. I'm not quite so sure that it tastes like Nutella...but it's good nonetheless. I just did a sweet stout with 1lb lactose, 8oz crushed up bakers chocolate, and 1oz hazelnut liquor. The lactose and chocolate came through nicely but the hazelnut didn't really come through much

Wow, that sounds good. I'm guessing you'd up the hazelnut liquor next time, how much would you thinkwould be a sweet spot? 2 oz, 4 oz?

This one will be in the back of my mind list of beers to brew, behind 20 others, haha. Thanks!

Brew I'm drinking some blueberry coffee. Freakin love this stuff. Beers later when brewing my ten fidy clone!

Back