What does your HBT name mean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name doesn't mean anything! I like the Knack song "My Sharona", and always thought Zambonis were cool. I started using the name a long time ago, and it's always available.

Trivia for the day: the lead singer of the Knack (RIP) is the brother of famous attorney Geoffrey Fieger (defended Dr. "Death" Kevorkian back in the day).

Well,I'm a UAW member like my father before me. I spent 13 years in middle management in the auto plants as well. And having been a hotrodder as well,I coined the name "unionrdr" ,or unionrodder to reflect both of those. Never have had a problem with it's being available. Casting,machining,& assembling engines for a living fit right in with my love of any kind of hotrod. Some over the years have thought it ment "unionrider"...close enough. Kinda like the proper Jaguar versus saying jagu-ur by hoity toity types.

I used to drag race a 94 Accord whose color code was Nightshade Grey. I later converted the car over for Auotcross and road course which was a lot more fun and challenging.

Mine is a nickname from my father and it just stuck
It's a term for gambler who is a braggart

Hmm makes me question my fathers meaning now hah

I guess I should let y'all know I am kind of a big deal!!

Drum roll get the hook!!

My last name and an expression of my love for fox-body Mustangs. I had a '90 notchback for many years.

Ridire said:
Do you have many leather bound books? Does your apartment smell of rich mahogany?

Of course it rich Corinthian leather and nothing better than sitting around in a top hat and tails reading with my double monocles monopoly man style listening to the gentle fermentation from my
Mahogany carboys next to my extensive collection of electric dog polishers

One of my favorite Green Day songs from my teenage years. And just happy that its usually not taken so I don't have to remember a lot of usernames

Tinhorn said:
Of course it rich Corinthian leather and nothing better than sitting around in a top hat and tails reading with my double monocles monopoly man style listening to the gentle fermentation from my

This is probably more accurate quote

God no, it smells like, like a used diaper... filled with... Indian food. Oh, excuse me.

I'm being punished eternally in the Underworld, never able to drink of water or eat of fruit just beyond my reach, for trying to serve my son Pelops to the Gods of Olympus.

I have absolutely no reason for choosing my name other than I like the way the word sounds. I've been using it for a long time now, it's my default user name for everything.

Perhaps the most uninteresting backround story of them all, but eh. I dig it.

This thread is a hoot. Love the mystery shrimp. Also now a little depressed someone on here was born the year I graduated high school.

Way back in early 1998 when I got my first email account (yahoo) I tried to use my then-boyfriend, now-hubby's nickname for me: chickybabe. It was already taken even back then, I think yahoo had been doing free email for like 6 months?. Anyway, combo of that nickname and first 3 letters of my last name.

25518=BEER. I was watching this thing on how prisoners used & use codes to talk with each other. Back in the day. 20's, 30's I think. They used #'s A-1, B-2. Just thought it was cool. And love BEER, 25518!

I'm a plumber and I did nothing but clogged drains one day. I joined some forum that night and have been using it ever since

Exscuse me, Ms. Corningstone, we are watching history!

My wife worked for a design firm that was developing the CDC building in Atlanta when I was starting to brew in the early 90's. We were trying to come up with a label for the beer and there was a section of the building that was named "Nude Mice". It was where they raised hairless mice for experimentation purposes. We played around with clip art and names until we came up with "Nasty Rabbit". It was better than "Cranial Enema" which is where my friends that I grew up with said that my head was firmly placed.

I'm from Newfoundland, Canada. A slang name for a Newfoundlander is "Newfie" or sometimes even "Newf".

So when I joined my first forum years ago I decided on the DaNewf and have used it ever since.

Since then the term Newfie seems to have gotten twisted somehow and some people even view it as derogatory (a Chinese workterm student once informed me I shouldn't use the word because he was told it was actually "dirty"). I don't care, I still consider myself a Newfie and think people shouldn't take themselves so seriously.

Nothing special to my name. Many years ago I tried my nickname as a username and of course it was taken. It offered other names that weren't taken and kevo342 came about. I have used it for everything since. If you see a player on PS Network with that name, it is me.

I've always had a thing for Bettie Page! I've just always used this as my Internet handle since 1993 or so.

image-2636673622.jpg

Acidrain was the name of my paintball team (play on words for Seattle since it rains all the time).
The paintball forum PBnation was my first forum, and I used the name.
I've used the name ever since.

I'm a prosthetist.
So... what does an arm and a leg cost these days? Professionally speaking of course.
My grandmother used to call me petey (I guess trying to be cute). I used to tell people I was named after the pit bull in, "The Little Rascals." After awhile I just gave up and adopted it.

Latest posts

Back