Willy Sims IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voodoogruv

Reaction score
Started a batch a few weeks ago going off of the framework of Midwest's Simcoe Select IPA kit. In addition to the three additions of Simcoe, one on onset of boil, one at 20 min, and one at 40 min, all 1oz each, I added 1oz willys at 55 min, and 1oz willys at flameout. I also upped the fermentable sugars by adding about 8 fl oz honey, and 2 fl oz Agave Nectar. These were approximations, as I failed to measure but am pretty good with gauging fl oz. I just racked to a secondary to make room after 4 weeks. I siphoned off a sample and WOW, this is an amazing brew. Not as smack you in the mouth hoppy as I thought it would be, huge flavor, good alcohol, can't wait till this is bottled and carbed.

Just bottled this today. OG was 1.082, FG was 1.010, for a ABV of 9.45%. I sampled as I was bottling, and this is an awesome IPA! Nice woody notes from the Simcoe, a little bit floral from the Willys, mouth feel is a little watery which should change with carbonation, but this one is up there. It's drinkable right now, flat, at room temp. Can't wait to taste it finished!

Awesome! I have an IPA that I'm finishing up. Only a few bottles left. It'll be a sad day once its gone. Make sure you enjoy it!

My first truly successful brew. More of a brown than a pale, hoppy, but decent malt. I love this stuff.

Back