What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crappy Rain Go AWAY!!! No problem I'll drink some hops!

photo.jpg

WesleyS said:
I took that picture while sitting in the downtown Specs parking lot. It got pretty bad. Some really heavy gusts and it hailed for atleast 10 minutes. But on a good note its all gone now, it's sunny and I picked up some good beer at Specs with a gift card my wife gave me.

Got a pack of the Icon Green waiting in the fridge. Just two more hours of work.

WesleyS said:
I can't wait to try the Dirty Bastard. I'm so glad to see Founders on the shelf here now. They had All Day IPA, Centennial IPA(which I've tried), Double Trouble, and Dirty Bastard.
I haven't had the Imperial Java Stout I bought, but I've been eyeing it for a while.
And the Saint Arnold Icon Green is an Amarillo Wheat. I can't wait till they chill.

I really like the Imperial Java Stout, deffinately one of my favorite beers.

I can't wait to try the Dirty Bastard. I'm so glad to see Founders on the shelf here now. They had All Day IPA, Centennial IPA(which I've tried), Double Trouble, and Dirty Bastard.
I haven't had the Imperial Java Stout I bought, but I've been eyeing it for a while.
And the Saint Arnold Icon Green is an Amarillo Wheat. I can't wait till they chill.

sweet founders 6-packs are here..I'll pick some up monday, Hopefully they will still have some there :rockin:

JTTX80 said:
Got a pack of the Icon Green waiting in the fridge. Just two more hours of work.

I haven't had it yet. The Red and Blue have been decent so I figured I'd try the new one.

JTTX80 said:
I really like the Imperial Java Stout, deffinately one of my favorite beers.

I've been meaning to try it for a while. I'm a huge fan of coffee in beer.

I haven't had it yet. The Red and Blue have been decent so I figured I'd try the new one.

I've been meaning to try it for a while. I'm a huge fan of coffee in beer.

Coffee in beer where? two things I love coffee and beer put them together and it's greeeeeeat :D

DisturbdChemist said:
sweet founders 6-packs are here..I'll pick some up monday, Hopefully they will still have some there :rockin:

They should still have some. It's Specs' featured brewery of the month so they're all $8.99 except Double Trouble. I had a Rodenbach in my basket until I saw the Founders display. I traded one for the other.

WesleyS's Belgian Pale. This is another good beer. This is great Wes! I love the carbonation and the 8% is very unnoticeable, but still peeps through just a tad which is great. Clovey, citrusy, crisp, tasty beer. Thanks, would love to try more of your stuff.

ForumRunner_20130510_155243.png

Feeling kinda Asian. I had to give some bad tasting lagers a try since I will probably never have the hopportunity to travel to Taiwan, nor do I really have the desire. Picked a few up at the local Asian market.

image-180668471.jpg

j1laskey said:
Pre-game beers

You must be from houston. I live right by karbach and frequent that place quite often. Looking forward to their love sweet summer

Swarley88 said:
WesleyS's Belgian Pale. This is another good beer. This is great Wes! I love the carbonation and the 8% is very unnoticeable, but still peeps through just a tad which is great. Clovey, citrusy, crisp, tasty beer. Thanks, would love to try more of your stuff.

Thanks, glad you like it. Man, I guess you had to gently sip those first couple drinks with that full glass. ;)

dteague said:
You must be from houston. I live right by karbach and frequent that place quite often. Looking forward to their love sweet summer

No I am from Boston. Visiting a buddy. Only drinking beer that isn't distributed back home this weekend. Had my first Shiner Bock at lunch too

j1laskey said:
No I am from Boston. Visiting a buddy. Only drinking beer that isn't distributed back home this weekend. Had my first Shiner Bock at lunch too

Ahhh nice. Shiner bock in texas is like any other beer. In Houston you need to try buffalo bayou brewing, saint Arnold, no label brewing, and fort bend brewing beer. All local stuff

dteague said:
Ahhh nice. Shiner bock in texas is like any other beer. In Houston you need to try buffalo bayou brewing, saint Arnold, no label brewing, and fort bend brewing beer. All local stuff

I like the fort bend brewing stuff as well

It's not as dark as it looks but it's my buddies home brewed all citra red. The aroma is amazing and the taste is even better.

image-1634142736.jpg

It's been a while since I looked at this thread, so I just read the last ten pages. It's awesome to see so many Michigan brews outside Michigan. I love 'Huma Lupa Licious' and most anything put out by Shorts. Founders Breakfast Stout is amazing as is Double Trouble and Dirty Bastard. Anything from Darkhorse will be awesome.

That being said, I am drinking a Mai Bock from Atwater Brewery in Detroit. It's a pretty good example of the style, but Dead Guy wins this battle...

Didn't you just start the sour a few weeks ago? How'd it turn out?

4 weeks. It was a sour mash so not a long aging one. Its my first shot at sour so I wanted the easier route but I am getting way more involved on next one. It tastes really good though. Nice sour flavor with a good hint of smokey cocoa at the finish. Only complaint is it feels a little thin in the mouthfeel but we will see after its carbed.

imagejpeg_2_5.jpg

Latest posts

Back