Carbonation help needed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris5899

Reaction score
I bottled my AG Maharaja IIPA clone 6 weeks ago and it has not carbed at all.

ABV: 10.1%
Yeast: San Diego Superyeast
Volume: 5 gallons
Priming Sugar: 4.2 oz. Corn Sugar

When I transferred into my bottling bucket, I strained the beer with panty hose (I know...I know) to keep the trub out. It is possible to have strained out too much yeast as well? The beer tastes sweet, I just don't know if the yeast is viable. Or am I impatient and is it too soon?

Please advise!

Yeast cells are tiny little buggers. They should be able to make it through the panty hose just fine. Did you hit your target FG? Revvy has his Of Patience and Bottle Conditioning thing that mentions a 1.090 beer that took 9 months to carb up I think... maybe it just needs more time. If the yeast was still viable (SD Super Yeast should be OK at 10%) and you used the proper amount of sugar, and you are keeping it at a warm (70-ish) temp, and assuming good sanitation etc, the yeast should do their job but that's a big beer that will likely take time to fully carb up.

Latest posts

Back