Digital Scale deal on Homebrew Finds/Amazon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vnzjunk

Reaction score
Just saw this deal on Homebrew Finds through Amazon. I have one of these and it has served me well from weighing everything from grain (up to 11lbs) to hops and everything in between. They have it listed for $9.99 and free shipping with either Prime or a $25 purchase. Also if you order $50 from the supplier they will throw in a FREE scale.

http://www.homebrewfinds.com/2013/04/great-deal-cuisaid-prodigital-scale-999.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007M0HNYC/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad at all. My digital scale from walmart was $20 & measures up to 11lbs. pounds,kilograms,grams & ounces. They do come in handy on brew or bottling days.

Thanks for the link, I picked one up. Amazon prime has made me such a sucker for deals :)

Also, thanks for posting homebrew finds. I had never heard of them, now they'll be a daily stop for me.

You can subscribe to their emails which come once a day. A better way is to keep tabs on their twitter feed (easier than constantly reloading the web page) as this method is more timely. I missed more than 1 deal which either sold out or had expired by the time I got their daily email.

I love the site and have picked up several deals mentioned there. I check them daily along with the deal of the day on MoreBeer which resets at noon EST daily (or EDST).

I use mine each brew session. It was very inexpensive and does the job.

The instruction sheet says .1g accuracy on the 3000g scale. In the calibration mode for that scale it shows 10ths. 0.1

The instruction sheet says .1g accuracy on the 3000g scale. In the calibration mode for that scale it shows 10ths. 0.1

The scale in the add is not the exact same one as the one I have. There are several of these floating around. All are in the same price range and for the most part have similar electronics and functions/features.

Be sure to check the add to be sure it will fit your needs. I wasn't thinking of weighing that small so had not considered that end of the scale. I use mine to weigh hops and grain.....it has plenty of accuracy for those functions. You may need something with a smaller top end to weigh 100ths of grams.

Check the specs out before you purchase.

Your mileage may and probably will vary.
:mug:

Does it go down to hundredth of a gram or just tenth of a gram?

One gram. But really I don't feel like the sensitivity is really there to measure stuff that is just one or two grams. If you are measuring stuff that small or even lighter, you are better off with one of the scales designed specifically for weighing micro/milli gram weights that come with calibration weights and all that.

It is OK for hops additions typically unless you are using really high alpha hops to bitter really low IBU recipes, in which case you should probably re-think your recipe and use lower-alpha hops so as to get a more consistent IBU estimation. That has (almost) nothing to do with the scale, as any minor variation in weight, boil time, alpha acid estimation, etc. can have a huge impact on the outcome of your recipe when you are doing something like that. It's simply easier to control when you use lower alpha hops.

Mine measures down to tenths,but I don't think it measures tenths of a gram. I'd have to check it out...but any weights that do register tenths very quickly. Not bad for a $20 scale from walmart. I can only imagine that these are just as good.

Back