New Brewer Alert!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPAndy

Reaction score
My wife got me a Brewer's Best kit for Christmas this past year, and only in the last couple months did I crack it open and start brewing. Not sure why I waited so long b/c it'd be an understatement to say that I'm hooked and enjoying every minute of it. So far I've made two batches (an English IPA and a Belgian Saison) that have turned out great, and I have an American IPA brewing now (should be ready to bottle by Sunday). I've got my eye on doing a clone of Flying Dog's Doggy Style Pale Ale (their brewery is not far from where I live in Frederick, MD) as my next beer, so we shall see!

And yes, I am quite a fan of IPAs, as if no one could tell, but I can't wait to experiment with other brews.

Welcome to the group, from CO. Read the stickies and the wiki, super helpful. Ask away! This is a helpful group.

Couldn't agree more. If there's one thing I've noted looking at the forum, it's that people are VERY helpful and happy to offer friendly advise and direction moving forward. A characteristic that bothers me about forums I've been on in the pats (mostly automotive) is how 'superior' a lot of those guys act towards newbies - they take it as their right to haze. I've noted the exact opposite on this forum and found mostly very helpful people. It's very refreshing to see a forum like this!

Back