Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All three of the Hart Trophy finalists are from the East. What bias? I know the East likes to pretend that the West doesn't exist but they need to come to the realization that someone in the West will win the cup this year. If the Ducks can close out Detroit on Sunday all 3 Cali teams would have advanced. I know palm trees and sun are not the first thing associated with hockey, especially in the winter classic, but there is great hockey being played on the left coast.

All three of the Hart Trophy finalists are from the East. What bias? I know the East likes to pretend that the West doesn't exist but they need to come to the realization that someone in the West will win the cup this year. If the Ducks can close out Detroit on Sunday all 3 Cali teams would have advanced. I know palm trees and sun are not the first thing associated with hockey, especially in the winter classic, but there is great hockey being played on the left coast.

The only reason anyone from the west would win the cup is because the east already beat each other up. No teams in the west can touch the level of daily play on the east coast this year.

The only reason anyone from the west would win the cup is because the east already beat each other up. No teams in the west can touch the level of daily play on the east coast this year.

Ummmmmmm, pretty sure the Hawks defy your statement.

Against a bunch of west coast teams. Sure.

Oh sure, because Florida, Tampa Bay, Winnipeg, New Jersey, Carolina, Buffalo, Toronto are such great teams. Then there's the Flyers, who the Hawks beat in 2010 for the cup, and the Rangers, who are lucky to be down one against the Caps (another team that has trouble winning). Yeah, EC teams are stellar.

images

Last edited by a moderator:
I look at as we survived the Islanders. I just hope we step it up and wake up so we can play the game we should have been playing all along! Bring on Ottawa!

MeatyPortion said:
Going by how the Pens played this series I say Ottawa in 5.

Anything can happen in the playoffs and you certainly have a good leg to stand on! I'm still going to have to stick with my home team and say Pens in 6. (Sure hope I don't have to taste my shoe...)

Going by how the Pens played this series I say Ottawa in 5.

I think you are dreaming. The Islanders were tough all season against the Penguins. Young and fast.

Against the Senators, not quite as much. Penguins swept the (shortened) series, although one game did go to a shoot out.

I will agree that they are lucky to be moving on after six, and not having to have game seven tomorrow.

copyright1997 said:
I think you are dreaming. The Islanders were tough all season against the Penguins. Young and fast.

Against the Senators, not quite as much. Penguins swept the (shortened) series, although one game did go to a shoot out.

I will agree that they are lucky to be moving on after six, and not having to have game seven tomorrow.

Perhaps I may be dreaming. Anderson is playing well, Karlsson is back and they might get Spezza back soon as well. So, they have a lot going for them. It's going to be a tough series. Lots of physical play. However, it's the playoffs. Teams can rise and fall at the drop of a hat. I'm just holding out hope that my boys can turn it on and keep it on!

Perhaps I may be dreaming. Anderson is playing well, Karlsson is back and they might get Spezza back soon as well. So, they have a lot going for them. It's going to be a tough series. Lots of physical play. However, it's the playoffs. Teams can rise and fall at the drop of a hat. I'm just holding out hope that my boys can turn it on and keep it on!

Tough?? I see it going Pens in 5...

The islanders are much better than their record dictates, and the Sens have overachieved this season, get ready for a "surprise" and watch the real pens come back to the table

The sens did overacheive. But now Karlsson and Anderson are healthy, unlike a good chunk of the season. The playoff sens are not the.same team as they were in the regular season.

Love how Rask get's spooked here, too:

20130511136824450125479.gif

Best goalie we've had in a while now... Not picking up Lolongo (or anyone else, for that matter) is looking like a good move.
ibxxst0Qfb3HSZ.gif

Pens were not good in the 1st round, at least not as good as their regular season play would indicate. They got cocky, they got outworked because of it, and their star goalie collapsed. That is not a good start and I don't think it's going to get any better, especially if they have more injuries and they will, Crosby is made of glass, Orpik was out for a bit, and Malkin is probably due for a lower-body injury at this point.

The Senators, on the other hand, looked really good against a young, fast team in a competitive series and showed they can display a brutal, physical presence to make a statement as well as keep their composure when necessary. They were the one team that I picked against despite my sneaking suspicion that they would steal the series. And I was right. Sort of.

I'm sticking with my prediction. Eh.

It's fugging snowing. With actual accumulation.

Whatever, at least we don't NEED it to be so cold for our arena to stay cool.

Here is Pittsburgh I just heard everyone in Chi town leave out a sigh of relief as the wings just beat the team that owned them all season. Don't worry hawks, the wings are not a team to underestimate.

Here's to a Pittsburgh/Detroit finals

Hawks/Bruins final
Bruins in 7

Bruins in 7... you had to say this?

Anyway this young Leafs team has shown they can hang with the big boys, the grizzled veterans, the former champions. Reimer has shown he's the real deal, Kessel has shown fantastic responsible play, and still seems to be dangerous nearly every shift. Phaneuf is a beast, playing 100+ minutes every night, Komarov somehow manages to piss everyone off without touching them, and the rest of the squad really does seem to actually care about one another.

Best of all they've taken the B's to 7 games by playing honest, hard working hockey. No whining, no diving, just good hard play.

Future is bright in the T-dot. Haters can suck it.

Here is Pittsburgh I just heard everyone in Chi town leave out a sigh of relief as the wings just beat the team that owned them all season. Don't worry hawks, the wings are not a team to underestimate.

Here's to a Pittsburgh/Detroit finals

The only two teams that stood between the Hawks and the cup were the Ducks and the Blues. Time to grind it out and finish what was started in January.

Detroit got owned by a few teams this season. They had significant injuries and have a lot of young guys in their first playoff. I think they've gotten a lot better than they were for most of the season. I'm excited to see them play Chicago and not have to stay up until friggin 2:00 in the morning to watch a game!

I'm not going to be a fanboy and say, Wings in six! I think Chicago is likely to win the series, but I hope to see the Wings play them well and maybe make it interesting. If a couple of the one guys get confident and can play defense as a unit, they have a chance at another upset.

I'm excited to see them play Chicago and not have to stay up until friggin 2:00 in the morning to watch a game!

THIS

The Wings can never be counted out, regardless of the regular season result of the series. That said it should be a good series to watch.

Did nobody watch the Kings/Blues series? The Kings are looking a lot like the team they were last year's playoffs, Quick is absolutely ridiculous again, and their physical play will punish any opponent. I don't think Chicago will get past them.

Regular season is a totally different game, last year the Kings barely squeaked into the playoffs with last seed, and yet they dominated the playoffs to a ridiculous agree.

Did nobody watch the Kings/Blues series? The Kings are looking a lot like the team they were last year's playoffs, Quick is absolutely ridiculous again, and their physical play will punish any opponent. I don't think Chicago will get past them.

I have a hard time picking against Chicago. Quick is of fire, but Corey Crawford owned the entire Wild series.

Back