NHC 2nd round label ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braufessor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Getting stuff in order to send entry out on monday. They state that the printed labels are supposed to be attached WITH CLEAR PACKING TAPE ONLY...

Every other comp. I have entered they talk about putting label in bag so that if the bottle "sweats" the label won't get wet and screwed up. If the label is put on with tap only, won't a sweating bottle mess up the UPC symbol???

What are others doing?

I just made sure the entire label was covered with the tape. If there is condensation it will occur on the tape not the label (assuming you are starting with a dry bottle).

finals.jpg

Yup, cover the whole label and wrap the tape all the way around so it sticks to itself. I'm bottling mine up tonight and delivering it tomorrow.

Most of the comps I enter specify attaching the label with a rubber band. Never had any indication of a problem so I'm sure clear packing tape will be more than adequate. Shipped my entries yesterday. No high hopes for a medal although my doppelbock has won its category in all five competitions it's entered this year plus its NHC region. The APA is a totally different recipe than the NHC qualifier which was actually last year's IIPA. No idea what to expect for it.

Back