Propane burner wind protection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-forget

Reaction score
The last time I brewed the wind was crazy. What does everyone here use, for a wind break for a stand alone propane burner. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

I use a 4foot piece of roofing metal bent in a u shape to protect my kettle and burner from the wind

Move the cars out of the garage and move the burner in. I leave the doors up a little. It is actually easier for me since it is connected to my kitchen where I am back and forth anyway.

Window screens do the trick for me. I have a couple old screen doors I lean against the kettle. Super ghetto. I'm going to get some screen cut at my local hardware store to wrap around my burner.

Cut most of the bottom off of a metal trash can. Cut slits and twist to create baffles for air flow to feed the burner.

I just wrap some Al foil around as a wind break. Works well. Wind isn't usually a problem here most of the time. If it were, these post above have way better answers.

Latest posts

Back