Using Bru'n Water Spreadsheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeph00

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I have a water report, and I am trying to make the Bru'n Water spreadsheet work for me, so I can determine how many and what minerals I need. It doesn't seem to work, not sure where I am messing up.
Anyone willing to help me out? I would private message you my water profile report.
Thank you in advance.

What specifically are you having problems with? I'm no expert, but use Bru'n Water fairly often. I can try to work with you here so others can offer advice, or you can message me.

Okay, well here are pictures of the minerals in my tap water. I am unable to attach the Exel worksheet that I have already started. How can I share my spreadsheet with you?

Attachments

• Screenshot (46).png
    Screenshot (46).png
    245.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot (47).png
    Screenshot (47).png
    249.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot (48).png
    Screenshot (48).png
    229.1 KB · Views: 9
For some reason I get a sense you think it will automatically tell you what your mineral additions are? If that's what's not working, it does not do that. You have to play with mineral additions until you get close to the target profile you select. here's a good tutorial.

For some reason I get a sense you think it will automatically tell you what your mineral additions are? If that's what's not working, it does not do that. You have to play with mineral additions until you get close to the target profile you select. here's a good tutorial.

I was wondering the same thing but wasn’t sure if OP was simply having problems entering the mineral numbers. That’s correct that it doesn’t automatically spit out the numbers you need without feeding it all the proper information first. The final results are very dependent on the recipe/grain inputs, water profiles chosen (yellow balanced, black full, pseudo bopils, etc) and the % water dilution you’ve specified.

Edit: Grammar

Last edited:

Ohhhhh I see! You're right, I was under the impression this outputs values for the water adjustments. My misunderstanding. All good then, I will work on it.

Ohhhhh I see! You're right, I was under the impression this outputs values for the water adjustments. My misunderstanding. All good then, I will work on it.

I know it sounds silly, but there's an extensive instructions tab that will take you through it in great detail. You should read it over to make sure that you aren't missing anything else.

Latest posts

Back