Using Beersmith to adjust gravity on the fly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
Is there a section in BeerSmith that allows you to enter your pre-boil gravity and it will tell you how much DME or water to add based on your recipe to adjust the gravity to what it should be if it was off?

Edit: I need to get my eyes checked. It is under Tools called Adjust Gravity. The description is tool to estimate the amount of malt extract or water needed to adjust the specific gravity of the wort. That is exactly how I worded my question lol

Is there a section in BeerSmith that allows you to enter your pre-boil gravity and it will tell you how much DME or water to add based on your recipe to adjust the gravity to what it should be if it was off?

Edit: I need to get my eyes checked. It is under Tools called Adjust Gravity. The description is tool to estimate the amount of malt extract or water needed to adjust the specific gravity of the wort. That is exactly how I worded my question lol

Just means you've either had too many home brews or you need another. I also think there is a section for that under the fermentation tab for each recipe. I copy my recipe to my brew log each time I brew it so you could do it then. I would do it except I don't have a refractometer

Back