User Created Ingredient Packs for Beersmith 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdubbaya

Reaction score
I just recently purchased Beersmith 2, and have been going through both the mac and PC versions for the first time this week.

One thing I noticed is there is a fairly large amount of missing ingredients, especially when it comes to miscellaneous items. Are most people manually adding these items, or are there packs of items that users have put together for download somewhere? Maybe there isn't a way to transfer these items without replacing the misc.bsmx (for mac) file?

Took me forever to find out how to add "bourbon" for an Imperial Stout recipe, before I noticed it simply wasn't there.

Let me also say that if it's possible, it would be awesome if some of us who have the software tackle categories of missing information, and we can use this thread to post them all for others to download.

My guess is we'll have to keep updating a shared misc. file and others could download and replace their local version with the new one after each update.

Did you try using File - Add-ons yet? There are lots of ingredient sets you can down-load and add-on to your BS2...

Cheers!

happyloon- i am with you on this one- i did hit the add ons, and that is great, but it would be great to maintain some kind of central data base for everyone entering in misc ingredients, wyeast special yeasts, etc. i don't mind plugging in info (when i have time) but i would feel even better about it, if i knew that it was being shared with the rest of the community...

day_trippr said:
Did you try using File - Add-ons yet? There are lots of ingredient sets you can down-load and add-on to your BS2...

Cheers!

I did get some of the add on's, and that's great, especially because now I see a system for adding new items in bulk. I still don't see a lot of common additives and flavorings, so there's room for improvement.

I'm curious to know how to make my own add on's to distribute to others? Is there someplace to submit your own, or are those mainly made by the beersmith crew?

i'm already in the giant shopper bonus card club, and the crips, and on HBT- my loyalties are being stretched just a tad thin...
but that probably is a good idea!

Back