Used Milwaukee 871 $60

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glad i could help, fun toy being able to get a digital 0.1 defernce between brix....and that one has a case too! i'm jealous!

Have you had a chance to use it? I would be interested in your opinion.

i've used it a few times, not really enough to get to know it though, it seems like it's got personality

edit:
using it today, and it's working great...just that i have to let the sample sit on the prism, until the temp readout stops changing, about a minute.....

Last edited:
Is the digital refractometer accurate with alcohol present? I know that was the problem with non digital refractometers.

lol, no, but that's why i got one in the first place..or refractometer anyway, then digital, then the s.o.b.'s released a digital hydro! ;)

i like the fact i can figure how much alcohol is present, comparing a hydro reading, to the refractometer....with things like sake, where you add "doses" of steamed rice gradually will come in handy....

i would say last batch it was pretty much spot on, i think it was more accurate then my eyes trying to read the hydro....

With my old age, I am tired of trying to read my hydrometer.

I'm looking at the Milwaukee MA884 which has a third button to toggle the display between Brix and potential alcohol.

If you're looking for a deal, i'd say just keep looking on ebay for a used one, or open box or something...they pop up from time to time....

edit i was bored doing some searching...it's spanish, but in arizona...LOL since this thread, got a weepy from someone....if you have a delorean, ;)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/milwaukee-MA884-Wine-refractomerer-/203252049398?_ul=AR

Last edited:
Back