Update Bru'n Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrey

Reaction score
I got an update to Martin's program via email yesterday (10/11/18). It indicates I need to change the .dat file to a .xls file and go into program settings to make this happen.

In this day of scammers and con artists online, I flagged this one as questionable. Nothing Martin has sent me before has required me to go into program settings and change file extensions.

Am I being overly cautious....did the many others on Martin's list receive this email?

Somewhere on this forum Martin indicated that the Gmail internet service provider (from memory this is the culprit provider) is blocking and preventing him from sending files with the .xls extension. This is his end-run in order to get the files to go through without being blocked.

If you have Gmail, this is likely the issue here.

All Bru'n Water files are now sent to supporters with the .dat extension instead of .xls since Gmail has assumed that ALL Excel files are bad. Sorry for the trouble. Gmail SUCKS!!!

I got an update to Martin's program via email yesterday (10/11/18). It indicates I need to change the .dat file to a .xls file and go into program settings to make this happen.
You also could just change the .dat file extension to .xls using Explorer if your using Windows.

Latest posts

Back