understanding high pressure versus low pressure propane

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have an opinion on these?:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009JXYTG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

They say High Pressure but I'm assuming that's just because of the orifice that comes with it. Is there really any difference between these burners and the ones BrewersHardware sells? I realize the reviews mentions some QC issues with the castings but between the price and free Prime shipping I think its worth the gamble even if I have to exchange 1 or 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those will work fine. If you are going to use low pressure you will need to get low pressure nozzles.

I forgot to mention I would be using Natural Gas. I also want to do auto-ignition if it's not too pricey. Anyone have a parts list?

Hi all, I am building a system and purchased the following from agri supply.

1 - HIGH PRESSURE CAST IRON BURNER
2 - FAST BURNER LOW PRESURE MULTI-HOLE 70,000 BTU

I am hoping to work off of a 40 or 100lb propane tank. Will I be able to use a common manifold? Will the HP burner still work? Or should I just get a third LP burner? Thanks.

There are two ways to go. You can run the manifold at high pressure and install a low pressure regulator between the manifold and the jet burner, or you can use a low pressure regulator to feed the manifold and change the orifice on the high pressure burner to a low pressure orifice.

Back