Ultra Slim Beverage Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeneas01

Reaction score
have any of you folks used these "upright slim beverage towers" from chill passion? had pretty much decided on going the industrial black pipe route but i really like the look of these ultra thin towers... the salesperson i spoke with at draft warehouse said they do a good job of keeping the line in the tower cool because of the bottom shank and very narrow stainless steel post, but my concern is more about their sturdiness and flow (i've had beer lines in 3" pvc towers remain sufficiently cool, so i'm not too worried about this design not keeping the tower lines cool).

b01.jpg

Those are pretty cool looking, but I would definitely worry about cooling.
yeah, cooling is always a concern, but as i mentioned i've never had cooling issues with lines in 3" od x 12" pvc towers, 2 lines per tower, so i'm optimistic... then again we're talking about a restaurant operation so perhaps beer has never been in the lines long enough during the day to increase much in temperature.

anyway, we'll soon see, i ordered 10.... only prob is i had to return the perlick ss control valve faucets i purchased in advance to use with whatever towers i eventually went with, i had the seller test these faucets with the slim towers and the tower shanks didn't allow for full movement of the perlick flow mechanism that's inside the faucet, so it looks like i'll just go with the perlick non-flow faucets, or standard faucets.

funny thing about standard faucets, i've used them in my restaurant for over 20 years and they've never given me an ounce of trouble, never dripped, never clogged, all they did was work nonstop, then again our beer purveyors send a guy out every 2 weeks to clean the lines and maintain the equipment, so that probably has something to do with it... point is, what it boils down to for me is paying 4 x more for perlick faucets vs generic faucets, which adds up when buying 10, just for perlick's great look, and they are great looking faucets, ha ha.

Why not look at intertap instead of perlick or generic. Price point right in the middle, you do not need to go stainless, and they appear to be made very well. their flow controls may even work where the perlick ones did not.

Line changes look life they'd be "fun" not a lot of room to work the line onto a barbed fitting with a clamp in there.

Why not look at intertap instead of perlick or generic. Price point right in the middle, you do not need to go stainless, and they appear to be made very well. their flow controls may even work where the perlick ones did not.
i've looked at pretty much every faucet available, including intertap, which look very nice, albeit not much difference in price when compared to perlick (imo), at least not when it comes to ss, which i prefer... which brings me back to what i posted earlier, the generic faucets have worked so well for me, for so many years, that going with anything pricier, especially much pricier, like perlick/intertap, amounts to me just paying more $$ for the faucet look which, i have to say, is also a consideration when wanting to put together an attractive tap display, just not sure it's worth 4 x more, especially when ordering so many.

speaking of attractive tap displays, i ordered these slim black iron tap handles from etsy, they just arrived yesterday, absolutely beautiful stuff, the picture doesn't do the handle justice, guy does a great job, highly recommended...

jJFZ9l3.jpg

also really liked these concrete tap handles as well, also from etsy, but ended up going with the steel...

fOsoskv.jpg

anyway, i've grown tired of using the jumbo tap handles from each beer company, of typical towers, of man cave beer tap looking set ups, which i've used for ever in my restaurant, nothing against them at all, they worked very well for me for a very long time, just time for a change, going to take a stab at a more "elegant" look, which will probably work much better with the restaurant remodel we've done...

for example, i really like this look (although these taps are for keg wine), clean, elegant, out of the norm:

jIiZ4G7.jpg

Back