Two Track Okefenokee Pale Malt any one use it- reviews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubthisbbq

Reaction score
I was looking to make a NE IPA style and was going to with a Marris otter as base but, I stumbled across this malt "Two Track Okefenokee Pale Malt"

Fully modified plump 2-row kernels with a full flavor profile. Okefenokee Pale Malt is a sweet flavorful base malt perfect for a 100% grain bill.

Sounds interesting and was thinking to either split try it with 50% marris/ Two Track or maybe 100% of my bill to really see what the malt does.

Any one use it and thoughts on taste for and IPA and changes in efficiencies or issues with mash, says it well modified so I would not expect any issues (I run a single infusion and Batch sparge)

I use it alot in my brewing and it performs about as well as any other 2 row, it does have slightly lower diastatic power though from what i understand so it may struggle a bit with lots of adjuncts.

I used to live in Bismarck and toured the malt-house. I haven't used that malt, though ('d just stocked up when I heard about them). It started from a guy in the homebrew club that wanted to try home malting.

Back