Tupper's Hop Pocket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryser2k

Reaction score
Picked up a sixer of this tonight. It's very similiar to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale... the hoppiness from the first sip always surprises you. I've never seen this beer until tonight though, and this time I suspect that it's because I'm 10 miles from the brewery. Old Dominion Brewing needs to work on their distribution... as a Pennsylvanian, I'd much rather support a brewery in Virginia than one in California. I'll have to ask my distributor if he can get this stuff in his regular stock.

Time for another Hop Pocket :drunk:

Second thread on this. :D

MUST BE GOOD!

It's funny--Sam and I were just talking about this last night. I'll let him tell the story on how to find the REALLY good stuff. ;)
It's about time for me to try it again too--if I can ever get over my addiction for DFH 90. :rolleyes:

The key to this beer is freshness. I had some a few months ago, and loved it. I pick some up a couple weeks later, and I didn't much care for it. I kinda forgot about it for a while.

So last week, I picked up a sixxer, and it was phenominal, if you love a really fresh hop flavor and aroma. I noticed that the bottles had a bottled on date of Sept '05.

A few days later I picked up nother sixxer from a different store, and was not impressed at all. It tasted like a mediocre pale ale, at best. The bottled on date? June '05. It had little to no hop aroma to it whatsoever.

So, lesson learned....it doesn't age well, like some of the bigger IPA's. It's awesome fresh, but goes downhill fast, apparently. I always keep my eye out for it, esp. considering half the proceeds from its sales go to charity. :cool:

Finally, how do you figure that it's made 10 miles from you, in PA? It's made in DC, isn't it?

ryser2k said:
Oh sorry, I'm in Reston, VA right now for business...

Ahh, gotcha. Made me think therte for a minute that I ought to stop drinking. I was scared. :D

Anyway, while you're down there, look for some fresh Tupper's. It rocks the hizzle.

I tried to go out to the brewery the last time I was down here, but ended up getting in a car accident :(

Don't worry, I am ok, but my car wasn't... so now with my brand new car I'm kind of afraid to go out there again...

Back