Trying to carbonate soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sodalady

Reaction score
Hi
We have a 1 BBL Brite tank. We're starting a micro soda company for local restaurants and we are having some hiccups. First one is we can carbonate water beautifully but when we carbonate water with syrup it doesn't achieve the same lovely bubblyness. I am guessing it's the viscosity but does anyone know how to overcome this?
Second...sometimes the syrups settle to the bottom of the tank while it's carbonating. I'm guessing it's the coldness of the water that is causing this, any suggestions?
Cheers

We are bottling it. Most restaurants here don't serve it that way, they have soda in cans. Only 1 place so far has expressed interest in having it in kegs.

Why don't you bottled carbonated water and dos each bottle with the appropriate amount of syrup?

Probably need some sort of emulsifying agent. My guess is your syrup is acting like a solvent and disrupting the surface tension of the water thus complicating the carbonation.

Back