trouble with beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomedumbJerk

Reaction score
it will not install! keeps getting errors, and i did the zip file thing on the website, and managed to run the setup file, and i'm getting an error message that says "not a valid win 32 application". and i'm running vista.. wierd. anyone with vista running beersmith?

I don't have any experience with Vista... but if it's anything like past OSes, you should try to find if you can run Beersmith in a different compatibility mode.

Beersmith possibly relies on its own driver... and if that's the case, you won't be able to run it on a 64-bit OS like Vista.

Hmmm,
Its running fine on both of my Vista machines and I have quite a few others running Vista as well.

Did you do an upgrade of an earlier version or new install?

If you did an upgrade, I strongly recommend making a complete backup copy of the C:\Program Files\BeerSmith directory (copy it all) and then try deleting it and do a clean install. If the reinstall goes fine, you can import the various BSM files (Recipes.bsm, etc...) from your backup directory back into your program.

If you are still stuck, drop me an email and we will work through this.

Brad

naw dude. vista is sweet if your computer can handle it. and Brad: (Beersmith author) you rock! he helped me out through email and even compiled a special download, and it ended up being that i just needed the mirror download!
http://www.mundocerveja.com.br/beersmith/beersmith.zip

thanks Brad! i've been playing with it all morning and i'm purchasing it right when i'm done here. great software!

Thanks!
Turns out the problem was with the download connection itself and not the software.

BeerSmith runs fine under both versions of Vista.

Cheers!
Brad

Glad to hear it, because I'm switching from XP to XP 64-bit in a couple weeks.

For some reason Beersmith quit working on the computer I'm typing from right now. I've been using it on another computer in the mean time til I reinstall after my upgrade.

I had trouble installing on both Vista and XP using the normal way shown on the site. Once I did the second install method meant for people having trouble, the install went ok.

Back