ISO - NG Dancing Man Wheat recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharres

Reaction score
We take a yearly vacation to Wisconsin to enjoy the Dells and when I'm in state, I make it a point to drink as much of the good local beer as possible. Typically, I'm not a big fan of wheat beers, but I picked up a sampler from New Glarus that had this beer in it and fell in love with it. I brought back a few 6-packs with me, but they won't last long and I REALLY don't want to wait until next year to get my hands on more. As such, in wondering if anyone has a recipe for this beer?

If you ever figure it out I'd love to know. Damn fine beer with an amazing mouth feel I haven't had in other beers. Wonder how they do it.

Unfortunately, I don't even know where to start. I've never been a huge fan of wheat beers, so I've never brewed one. But I agree, it's an amazingly excellent beer! I know a lot of great brewers here in CO, but most of them are not familiar with the NG beers, except what some have sampled at the GABF. So I'm at a bit of a loss, hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

Thank you! That gives me a great starting point.

Reviving an old thread. I brewed a recipe almost identical to the Spazzy Man Wheat recipe recently except that I subbed about half of the wheat malt for smoked pale wheat malt and raised the OG to closer to 1.060-1.065. I always got a bit of a smoky aroma and flavor from Dancing Man. It’s still a little green, but from the first taste I think it’s going to be a really good beer. It’s been awhile since I have had a Dancing Man so I can’t say how close it is, but I can say that, to me, the smoked malt helped give it a familiar aroma and flavor.

Back