• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Citra hop leaves for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanwelam

Reaction score
Guys,

Just purchased a whole pound of citra hops in leaf form. I'm only gonna need one ounce, but my supplier would not allow me to buy in that low of a quantity. I'm selling the rest, (15 oz) for $4 an ounce, plus shipping. Let me know who's interested. When the delivery come in, I'll post it here so everyone knows. I'm guessing 5-7 days for ups ground. Thanks.

1. Which forum would you suggest? The for sale forum seemed to be equipment related.

2. Absolutely. Passing on costs and not making a dime. If you can find it cheaper, feel free to let me know. Most places I looked didn't even sell Citra leaves, or they were out of stock. Supply/demand I guess, and this is after a bulk discount for 1 lb.

The problem is most places won't sell an ounce. Thanks for the farmhouse link... When I checked their website a few days ago it was unavailable. That means I've already purchased the 1lb of citra leaves. I didn't pay $60, but when you factor in shipping to me, and buying a box of bags to send out 15 oz, it's gonna end up costing me $60. Feel free to pass on the offer, but I'm just looking to recoup what I spent, and most LHBS don't stock them.

Try buying an ounce anywhere. After you pay $2 for it, plus shipping of $5, it'll cost you $7 an ounce. I'm willing to drive to the local post office and send it for under a buck. This puts your cost per ounce around $5, which is still less than you can buy it online.

farmhouse sells per ounce just a fyi, good luck with your sale but I think you would be better off freezing them and using em yourself

For example, label peelers is looking for $5.85 for shipping, plus $2.23 an ounce. Total cost... $8.08 for just one ounce.

Post office just closed, so I can ask tomorrow. My guess is that if I can get it to fit in a standard envelope, and you aren't looking for overnight shipping, it will cost whatever a stamp costs these days. More details tomorrow

alanwelam said:
The problem is most places won't sell an ounce. Thanks for the farmhouse link... When I checked their website a few days ago it was unavailable. That means I've already purchased the 1lb of citra leaves. I didn't pay $60, but when you factor in shipping to me, and buying a box of bags to send out 15 oz, it's gonna end up costing me $60. Feel free to pass on the offer, but I'm just looking to recoup what I spent, and most LHBS don't stock them.

Try buying an ounce anywhere. After you pay $2 for it, plus shipping of $5, it'll cost you $7 an ounce. I'm willing to drive to the local post office and send it for under a buck. This puts your cost per ounce around $5, which is still less than you can buy it online.

All three my lhbs stock citra by the ounce..

Post office just closed, so I can ask tomorrow. My guess is that if I can get it to fit in a standard envelope, and you aren't looking for overnight shipping, it will cost whatever a stamp costs these days. More details tomorrow

It will be considered a small parcel, it will be too fat for an envelope. Up to 3oz for a small parcel is $1.60

Nevermind I can get it locally for 2.50 an ounce. Sorry. Good luck on the sale but not looking good at $4+ an ounce. Maybe invest in a foodsaver and freeze the rest.

Back