Corny Keg Bottom Expansion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonlee063

Reaction score
I was force carbonating a corny keg. I had the pressure to about 30 psi. The rubber bottom on my keg started to look like a balloon and fell over. I released the pressure and it went back down.

I transferred to another keg. Any chance of fixing the keg? Anyone else had this issue?

There is a probably a pin hole in the stainless under the rubber. The only way to fix is to remove the rubber, weld or solder the hole and then glue the rubber back on.

I assume that when the bottom of the keg was swollen it was filled with beer. Do you think it will get infected or a wild strain from this?

That's going to be impossible for anyone to "know", but for sure it can't be a good thing to have beer between the keg and the rubbers.

If it was my brew, I'd get it out of that keg into another, and hold a keg party to finish it off sooner than later...

Cheers!

Back