The Most Terrible Beer Ever orrr The Worst Beer Of All Time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one deserves some recognition on this thread:
large_StumptownTart.jpg

Vile stuff.

Leinenkugel Berry Weiss is pretty terrible. It reminds me of a really awful wine cooler mixed with some Box-O-Wine.......yuckkkkkk

Yeah, I kind of liked that one too. I had it at a wings & beer place. I was trying to place the flavor, when the waitress said "Fruity Pebbles!" and I'll be darned if she wasn't right.

Pizza beer is awesome!!!!!!!!! I could not drink a case of it but it was an interesting novelty beer and does not belong on this list lol.

Cave Creek Chili Beer

I can't believe you actually tried this. I have drank many of Cave Creek's beers and they are all pretty good, especially like the amber, but just looking at that bottle with that chili in it told me that it was a bad idea. Talked to the brewmaster once and it was just a gimmick, he didn't even really like it. I actually got married at this place, at the time it was named Crazy Ed's Satisfied Frog, which recently changed owners and now is The Silver Spur, Crazy Ed moved the resturant and brew operations to a new location down the street. Don't think the new owners are brewing at the old frontier town location, but maybe the are, have only been once since ownership change and didn't think to order a beer...

As for worst beer I dislike anything aged in bourbon or whiskey barrel, ew why would you ruin beer by adding that nasty flaor to it. Had one RIS which tasted more like watered down whiskey than beer, yuck. Never have had an RIS i really liked.

Skullspliter Scottish Ale is another I don't like to alcoholic phenol taste for me (or maybe i had a bad one).

Same with Westmalle Tripel, way to alcohol tasting for me (but like the dubble from them.)

I would still try either at their brewery, bet it is much different fresh. I like both styles in general so not sure if had a bad bottle or just don't like their take on the style.

My former worst beer ever is a beer brewed in a 3rd world middle eastern country. Stella brewed in Egypt. However I recently had the displeasure of drinking what has to be the single most godawful steaming pile ever to be fermented.

That would be Rogue's Bacon Maple Ale.

Just like musical styles, I'm pretty okay with virtually every genre of beer. That said, there are hardly any commercial brews that I crack that are less than enjoyable.

Now, Short's Brewery is a Michigan brewery that's pretty popular out here, and I really enjoy the majority of their offering. However, they SUCK at making a good IPA, including their Huma Lupa Licious, The Liberator (IIPA), and ControversiALE ("strong" pale ale). While these brews may be drinkable to super extreme hop-heads who love nothing but bitterness, these ales are extremely lacking balance. I love the delicious aromas and bite of a hoppy beer, but the best IPAs (DFH's 90 Minute comes to mind) balance extreme hoppines with a proper amount of malt; Short's Brewery apparently missed this memo.

Just like musical styles, I'm pretty okay with virtually every genre of beer. That said, there are hardly any commercial brews that I crack that are less than enjoyable.

Now, Short's Brewery is a Michigan brewery that's pretty popular out here, and I really enjoy the majority of their offering. However, they SUCK at making a good IPA, including their Huma Lupa Licious, The Liberator (IIPA), and ControversiALE ("strong" pale ale). While these brews may be drinkable to super extreme hop-heads who love nothing but bitterness, these ales are extremely lacking balance. I love the delicious aromas and bite of a hoppy beer, but the best IPAs (DFH's 90 Minute comes to mind) balance extreme hoppines with a proper amount of malt; Short's Brewery apparently missed this memo.

Funny overall I think Short's beers suck EXCEPT Huma Lupa Licios Ipa.

Haha, funny how that works.

I do agree with your description of good IPA and bad ones. I too like balanced ones, my favorite is two hearted ale. Which is the most balanced IPA I've ever tasted. Very malty AND hoppy at the same time.

And I also agree that short's is NOT balanced at all. I'm a hop head, so I like unbalanced IPAs sometimes as well. But I PREFER more balanced ones.

So I probably simply don't like Short's beers all that much afterall.

As for worst beer I dislike anything aged in bourbon or whiskey barrel, ew why would you ruin beer by adding that nasty flaor to it. Had one RIS which tasted more like watered down whiskey than beer, yuck. Never have had an RIS i really liked.

I'm not a big fan of oaked-beers or wood-aged beers in general, although I notice it more dramatically when drinking wine. Innis & Gunn, though... beautiful beer, and lots and lots of people LOVE that beer... I couldn't stand it because it was so over-the-top oakey. It might have been better if the base beer was a little fuller, a little maltier, but it tasted like a really light ale went into the barrels.

Not sure if this is considered blasphemy here, and I LOVE ipa's, but my $10, 12 oz. bottle of Dogfish Head 120 went right down the drain.
Also, Sam Adams cranberry lambic--yuck.

bobot said:
Not sure if this is considered blasphemy here, and I LOVE ipa's, but my $10, 12 oz. bottle of Dogfish Head 120 went right down the drain.
Also, Sam Adams cranberry lambic--yuck.

Yeah, that does kind of piss me off. ;)

I just read through this entire thread and I can't believe no one else said "Romulan Ale".

It is hands down the worst beer that ever graced my tongue, and I've had Most of the beers mentioned here - SA Cherry Wheat blagh!

I don't even know who makes it but I put one in a make your own 6er, mainly because of the mysterious blue color of the beer, I soon found out its blue because its actually sea water, mixed with toilet tank water. Seriously this stuff tasted like it was excreted from a whales blowhole, then washed ashore and laid on a beach for a few days. kinda fishy and rusty. Vile stuff that constituted a drain pour.

Oh and the guy that poured out the DFH 120, I can only shake my head good sir.

I was in Belgium, and bought the cheap canned beer. They had red, silver, and gold, where red is 5%, silver is 10%, and gold is 20%.

It didn't even taste like beer! Of course I had to try the gold one :) More like a sour, beer flavored wine, or a really bad liqueur.

I had a Russian beer once at the behest of my friend who had spent time in Moscow. I don't know what the name was, I just know it had a number in the title..... It made Olde English taste like DFH 90 minute.... I felt like my palette had been the victim of a hate crime and the only thing I wanted to do was crawl into a cold shower with my clothes on and cry.....

I haven't tried one in a long, long time but from memory;

Carlsberg Special Brew

brings to mind a repulsive, syrupy-sweet, heavy alcohol, flavour with all the aroma of vomit.

Tennent's super wasn't all that much better, either.

A six pack of either of them would get me pretty buzzed :drunk: back in my late teens, but what a hangover though. :( :eek: :smack:

Hahah, both of these hideous brews were major contenders for the illustrious title of "TrampChampagne":ban:

Latest posts

Back