The first brew spot in the house...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boasist

Reaction score
Well I started mixing things up a bit and wanted to expand on where I brew. I did a small batch about two weeks ago in this area and it just went down because of the poor logistics of it all. So, I decided to change that and tidy things up a bit for me.

And so started the brew corner, it will house a sink, extendable faucet, storage, table space, proper lighting, proper electrical for all equipment, adequate ventilation for the boil process, another sonos speaker for brewing, etc!

It started off pretty bare...
hE92Nyh.jpg

Then I started to clean things up, and install the sink and some more electrical...
xKjiRDj.jpg

So that is the first day of work, few more odds and ends to pick up from the local store, and I can finish it up. It's rough, but functional. Eventually it'd be nice to seal the floor and expand the drain, but that is 2.0!

Just a quick shot of the exhausting system, I picked up an inline fan and will use this register vent that I'll modify slightly to pick up the steam from the boil.
ccuIi5s.jpg

That's it for today...

After a good personal break all is looking pretty good. Overall I'm satisfied with what the space can bring, it functions well, and has what I need. It's a realistic approach to doing this, and I can't wait until the next brew day!

c03jLdw.jpg

I do still need to finish the exhaust system, which I've redesigned since the original. After that it's on to the keezer, I have until September to finish that as that is when the next brew is ready.

e3UM51e.jpg

On with the pics...

I mounted the counterflow chiller and hooked up a ball valve controlled barb directly on the wall to kick off the cooling when needed.
zIEiwyE.jpg

I set up some shelves, the sink with a 2 foot expandable hose, the fermentation chamber is all tied in to the brewpi spark.
DDZrezA.jpg

I set up the exhaust system with an inline blower, and put a wye in off of my dryer vent and used blast gates from woodshop dust collection to control the flow when brewing/drying/not brewing. It all works great and no condensation issues.
1BlRHEl.jpg

Another shot of the blast gates, you can see here that the silver one controls the dryer, and the black one is the blower. So the blower is closed, and the dryer is open. I.E. not brewing!
rMdMKfh.jpg

Back