Anyone have exprience with Beer Boxer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was in a beer club a few years back and I wasn't that impressed. I got a lot of repeat beers and they tended to lean toward only a few styles. Most of the beers were available in my area, and I question how fresh some of them were. It kind of turned me off to beer clubs.

However, I just got an email from Beer Boxer. the website is http://beerboxer.com/. They offer a monthly premium subscription that claims to deliver hard-to-get beers, including limited releases. The price is a little high, but I was thiking of giving it a try for a month or so.

Anyone have any experience with these guys?

Looking through their past selections, I'm seeing some pretty available stuff, but I'm not sure what kind of stuff you guys get on the east coast. $50 for a mixed 12 of 12oz and $70 for a mixed 6 of large format is pretty pricey. Most of the stuff in the past releases I can pick up off the shelf with very little difficulty, but might be more rare on the other side of the country.

I agree that their past selections don't inspire confidence. Even if those beers aren't distributed in your area, there are beer vendors you can buy them from online. Nothing "hard to find" among them.

Yes - That's my concern. I can get a lot of this stuff if I hunt around. Things like Cigar City I can't get and some of the West Coast stuff I can't get. I'd be pissed if I spent $70 to get $40 worth of beer that I can get locally. If they tailor it to my region it might be nice.

The limited releases would be nice, but I'm not sure what that really means. Do I get those every month, or does one randomly show up every now and again?

I'm hoping someone tried this service and can give me a heads-up.

Latest posts

Back