Sanke or standard pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spottsch

Reaction score
If you had a choice between a 15.5 gal sanke or a 15 gal pot to use as a mash tun, which would you prefer and why? (Assume all typical fittings are similar)

If you had a choice between a 15.5 gal sanke or a 15 gal pot to use as a mash tun, which would you prefer and why? (Assume all typical fittings are similar)

Sanke.

Has the domed bottom, u can buy false bottoms with holes that allow diptubes to get right down in there. They just seem, and this is just my opinion, better then flat bottom pots with domed FB's.

Sanke-same reasons as stated above. I can get all but about a pint of wort from my MLT.

and if you use a keggle upside down there is zero dead space. And the sankey hole can keep a scrubbie in place under the false bottom so you can be confident as you stir.

and if you use a keggle upside down there is zero dead space. And the sankey hole can keep a scrubbie in place under the false bottom so you can be confident as you stir.

This. Cut the BOTTOM of the sanke, leave the sanke opening it comes with and use as full-drain. You can CIP then=no more lifting the pot or turning it over to drain.

I want to do 25 gallon at a time so I'd like pot's. But until some rich relative that I don't know about dies, I'm using sanke's. If they were the same size, I can't spending that much on pots when sanke are cheap. Money is what guides me.

Back