Not sure if I messed up or not

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PorscheFB61

Reaction score
My brother and I brewed our first batch of beer. We let it ferment in the carboy for a couple weeks. When it finished we wanted to keg it but were unable to find a keg. So we decided to stick the carboy in the kegerator to keep it cool. We figured this was the right thing to do. Since then we got side-tracked and its been a couple weeks. We still don't have a keg so we were thinking about just bottling it. My question is, if we bottle it now will it still have the ability to carbonate? Thanks in advance for any help. :mug:

I would say, that if you let it warm up to room temperature then added the priming sugar an bottled it will be fine. People often cold crash the beer to make it more clear. Although they usually only chill it for a day or so.

Yes, it will be fine. You can bottle it cold, no need to warm it up before bottling. That will help keep the sediment in the bottom of the carboy. Just rack to a bottling bucket and the priming sugar solution, and bottle away.

Latest posts

Back