Dry-hop "floties" in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchtoasted

Reaction score
So I brewed up Tasty Mc D's Janet's Brown (absolutely delicious), racked into secondary for dry hopping(2oz Centennial/5gal), cold crashed in carboy for 6 days, then kegged.
After about a week the beer was perfect. Huge hop aroma and malt flavor and great clarity!
Got a new Blichmann beer gun and decided to rack off a few 22s to share. I moved barrels around in the kegerator after and must have roused up some of the settled hop matter and now every pour has lots of floating sediment. I mean lots!!
It has been over a week and nothing has settled out yet! I just assumed given some time it would have settled.
Is there anything I can do to clear this beer? I have some gelatin, but I am not sure if that will work with the beer carbed and at 40 degrees.
The beer still tastes great, and I can deal with a few floties, but this is crazy!!
I have guests coming over this weekend and I am really not wanting to serve it.
Any help would be awesome!!!!
Thanks in advance:)

it might be too late for the Gelatin... i would think that no movement of the cold keg for that long would have let things settle down... i have a feeling that you'll get clear beer after a few pints are pulled through...

I had this problem when moving kegs around for a party. The floaties don't bother me and my brewing friends but others may be put off by it. I ended up sticking the dip tube through a santized nylon stocking and zip tying it to hold it there. As long as they aren't really small particles, this should help. Good luck!

Back