Non-competition judging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wlssox524

Reaction score
Searched around but couldn't find anything on this: are there places where I can get my brews judged by someone knowledgeable outside of competitions? I'm in Boston and the only competition I can find was a month ago. Would prefer something local so I didn't have to ship but I'm open to any ideas

You can bring it to a local homebrew club meeting and pass it around to see what people think. Usually most clubs have at least a few BJCP judges that can give you feedback if you're brewing to a certain style.

Do you have an LHBS? The few around me will drink your beer and tell you how you might be able to improve it, if that's all you want. I don't know if they are BJCP certified, but they'd probably rate it too, if you go during an off time. Otherwise look for any homebrew clubs in your area.

come to a Wort meeting and we'll give you plenty of feedback if you ask for it. not everyone is BJCP, but myself and about a dozen others are. It's not up yet, but our next meeting is May 8th in Somerville if you're interested

Back