Taplist.io - Hosted digital tap list

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this app, and love how easy it is to implement it through Fire TV.
Awesome, that's music to my ears; optimizing for "easy" was the original motivation & still my number 1 priority.

(discrete/discreet: oh boy, that's embarrassing. I'm usually the grammar police - enjoy your win but don't get used to it!)

Thanks. My original plan was to create a tight frame for the oled to hide its frame and the wires. Still might do that with my plunge router and some maple, but it doesn't look too bad as it is, might leave it that way for a while and see how I feel later.
How did you mount the monitor to the wall? I was thinking about doing something similar, but I didn't want to deal with a bulky mount, but I also don't think I want to just velcro it to the wall.

How did you mount the monitor to the wall? I was thinking about doing something similar, but I didn't want to deal with a bulky mount, but I also don't think I want to just velcro it to the wall.

dbl sided sticky tape. I just put one strip so I can undo it later without tearing the wall apart. Yes, a little ghetto, but almost ideal if you close your brain while doing it. The monitor is literally 1/4" thick. If it wasn't for those cables coming out the side, it'd leave it up like that. My plan, as I said, is to put it in a frame to hide the cables and the non-useful parts of the monitor.

In case anyone wonders, if power is lost, the Fire Stick reboots back into Taplist, and the display reboots to ON, so it all comes right back up. For this reason, I have considered putting a timer on the power so that it turns off midnight --> noon, hours that I am not using those taps.

BTW, I found the controls for this OLED monitor and turned the brightness all the way down. It's just perfect, day or night. I watch tv at night in that room and I didn't want bright display in there.

A magnet would hold it to the wall. I didn't think about that before - it just occurred to me.

This monitor out of the box has no mounting feature on it at all - nothing obvious, anyway. It is VERY similar, in that way, to an iPad. But, on the back there is a faint circle in the middle. There must be a metal plate in that circle, because the stand that does come with this monitor magnetically connects to that circle.

Beers on tap for Turkey-day. I'm thankful for beer :)
1669040952773.png

Latest posts

Back