albuquerque breweries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickman6

Reaction score
I'm traveling to Albuquerque for memorial day weekend and looking for tips on where to go for a few good pints.

Any breweries I should make sure to visit?

Thanks!

Also, restaurant recommendations are very welcome. My wife and I eat nearly anything, and some local flavor would be a plus. Hole in the wall joints as well as nice restaurants are all fair game.

We've got some pretty damn good breweries here. My favorite by far is Marble. Il Vicino (taproom) is also good with quite a bit of variety. La Cumbre is right down the street from Il Vicino and also has some great beers. There are also some other new-comers in the area which are OK, but I don't feel have really come into their own yet which are Bosque Brewing and Nexus.

As for local flavor, there's some good eats here as well. There's Sadies, El Modelo, El Patio, Cecilia's Cafe, Barela's. Almost too many to mention and all delicious!

There is also Turtle Mountain Brewing in Rio Rancho. But, as said before, definitely hit up Marble, La Cumbre, and Il Vicino. I think that "overall", Marble has the best selection. But, the IPA offerings from La Cumbre and Il Vicino are really good.

When I lived in Abq. Chama was also fairly decent, good food too.

Forgot about Chama... They do have some good beer, food is really expensive for what it is though. They've re-imaged themselves as a fine dining restaurant over the last few years...

Anything you might see on "bizarre foods?" My wife is Thai, so she eats all sorts of weirdness anyway, and I've begun to do the same. Lol

Nothing really wacky here, just some green/red chili which some people are not accustomed to.

That sounds like a winner to me! Anywhere in particular that we should try?

If you like hot stuff, definitely hit up Sadies or El Pinto. Both places have some of the hottest damn salsa/sauces I've had in NM. Cecilia's Cafe has some hot stuff as well, but they're only open for breakfast/lunch.

If you go to El Pinto and have a death wish, try the Scorpion salsa if they have any. It borderlines on being a chemical weapon...

If you like hot stuff, definitely hit up Sadies or El Pinto. Both places have some of the hottest damn salsa/sauces I've had in NM. Cecilia's Cafe has some hot stuff as well, but they're only open for breakfast/lunch.

If you go to El Pinto and have a death wish, try the Scorpion salsa if they have any. It borderlines on being a chemical weapon...

I love heat, I'll be there! Thanks a lot for the info!

Back