Hello, and help??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chigger62

Reaction score
Actually bought a mr beer keg and the bottles off of Craig's list, and the first refill kit I'm trying is an Irish stout. Think I may have pitched the yeast a little too early before my wort got down to optimum temp. Within a few days of starting the ferment, I lost almost all signs of fermenting, no bubbly foam. Did get a little more foam a day or so later, but I'm at a week now and no foam. Is it still working, can it be salvaged. Have maintained a steady temp since it evened out. Give me some good news guys.

What your seeing is the end of initial fermentation. It'll then slowly,uneventfully creep down to a stable FG.

Good news: your beer is coming along great!

Unless you've got a really strong beer, a too-cold fermentor, or a really unhealthy batch of yeast, the really active phase of fermentation shouldn't last more than a few days.

Thanks for everyone's input, very reassuring for a first timer. Still got another week before I bottle it. Weather here is starting to warm up, so making sure to maintain a temp around 70 will be my concern now.

Thanks for everyone's input, very reassuring for a first timer. Still got another week before I bottle it. Weather here is starting to warm up, so making sure to maintain a temp around 70 will be my concern now.

You can find all kinds of threads on this forum regarding temperature control. A lot of them are not very expensive either. Temp control is the best thing you can do for your beer too.

Latest posts

Back