Another new NOVA brewer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellenRae

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I don't feel like a total newbie at home brewing as I do have experience helping with a few batches, but that was many years ago. Now I'm diving back into it and expecting my equipment to arrive early next week!

I'm a scientist at heart (biology major) and the details of things like this really intrigue and amaze me. I used to be a beekeeper and loved it for the same reasons. I moved into a neighborhood governed by an HOA that doesn't allow honeybee hives so I need to get my nerd kicks from something else.

My boyfriend and I consider ourselves Beer Snobs, we love tasting new beers and talking about them like wine connoisseurs talk about wine. So what better way to combine my need for science and my love for beer by making it myself!

I have been reading this forum and learning (and relearning) all I can in anticipation of my first batch in many years (which will be an American-Style Bock, by the way). So, thank you to everyone here that has shared their knowledge so the rest of us can learn and become better brewers!

I've lived here all my life. Grew up in Annandale, lived in Fairfax for a long time and now I'm in Sterling.
Still looking for a LHBS that's close enough.

well, howdy, neighbor! we're in Sterling Park/Church Mills. I've lived here most of my life, in Fairfax County part of Alexandria, City of Alexandria, Springfield & Falls Church

no close LHBS. 2 closest are MyLHBS in Falls Church/Seven Corners (across Rt7 from DFH Alehouse) & Jay's in Manassas. next closest is Flying Barrel in Frederick. this should change when I win the PowerBall on Saturday

2 home brew clubs close by: Wort Hogs (meet 2nd Wednesday of the month in Herndon at the Carpool) & NoVA Homebrew (meet 3rd Tuesday of the month at Sterling Silver Scuba shop on Church Rd)

Thanks for the info! So when you win PowerBall you're going to open up your own store? Fantastic! I'll be your first customer.

Latest posts

Back