Suggestions......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undertaken

Reaction score
I am really new to brewing and the craft beer section at the store. I live in Michigan and having trouble finding that one beer that just makes me have to pick it up when I am at the store. I like bells two hearted ale but sometimes it has a bit of an after taste that i find to be less than pleasing. I am looking for a nice crisp beer that goes well with a good burger. Any suggestions on stuff to try?

I am really new to brewing and the craft beer section at the store. I live in Michigan and having trouble finding that one beer that just makes me have to pick it up when I am at the store. I like bells two hearted ale but sometimes it has a bit of an after taste that i find to be less than pleasing. I am looking for a nice crisp beer that goes well with a good burger. Any suggestions on stuff to try?

I love a german pilsner with a burger. For an american interpretation of one, I'd suggest Victory Prima Pils. It's out of philly, you should have distribution there.

I love a german pilsner with a burger. For an american interpretation of one, I'd suggest Victory Prima Pils. It's out of philly, you should have distribution there.
Thanks. I will add it to my list to find.

I love Berleiners and mild sours with burgers. Also brut IPA's are good.

I like a pub ale, cali common, amber, red, ripa, ipa, dipa, saison, trappist ,dubbel, tripel, quad or gose with a burger. Of course a good wheat, dunkel or marzen works too. Guess almost anything works. The beverage with food is an entirely different experience. You have to taste and see what best compliments your meal.

I like a pub ale, cali common, amber, red, ripa, ipa, dipa, saison, trappist ,dubbel, tripel, quad or gose with a burger. Of course a good wheat, dunkel or marzen works too. Guess almost anything works. The beverage with food is an entirely different experience. You have to taste and see what best compliments your meal.
Mainly I am looking for a refreshing beer for when I am grilling. I hope in the coming months I can produce a few for myself but I am right now reading and learning the craft.

See my signature.
I'm pretty sure if Founders can ship to the bunghole of New Jersey from Grand Rapids to where I live, you can find it fairly easily. Lemon drop hops in a slightly more flavorful American lager and it's the cheapest craft-ish beer you can get here.
Fifteen cans in a pack for less than $15 plus tax, you can't beat it. Some lots are better than others and it actually has a "best by" date to judge freshness.

See my signature.
I'm pretty sure if Founders can ship to the bunghole of New Jersey from Grand Rapids to where I live, you can find it fairly easily. Lemon drop hops in a slightly more flavorful American lager and it's the cheapest craft-ish beer you can get here.
Fifteen cans in a pack for less than $15 plus tax, you can't beat it. Some lots are better than others and it actually has a "best by" date to judge freshness.
I live just outside of Kalamazoo so I should be able to find it pretty easy. Sounds tasty. I will give it a try.

Mainly I am looking for a refreshing beer for when I am grilling. I hope in the coming months I can produce a few for myself but I am right now reading and learning the craft.

MI has so many great breweries, you couldn't go wrong if you picked any up any bottle. Best way (also the fun way) to know what you like is to pick up a couple bottles and drink them, then repeat. Most shops will let you pick and mix bottles, or ask the store for thier recommendation. One thing I learned really quickly about MI people is that they all have opinions on beer - and like to share it
That being said - SHORTS - a MI brewery was recommend to me; they do a alot of interesting stuff that I can get into

Back