Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not positive I can make it, but Avery is releasing one if their barrel aged beers at the tap room tomorrow...

I'm working all day tomorrow! However, I will be trying to go to crooked staves new release (19th I think...?) They've relocated to Denver, right?

MrNickVT said:
I don't know how but I get Logsdon here in Vermont. I picked up a bottle of 1 Logsdon Seizoen Bretta today. It was like 11$

That's a great deal too. I think it's about $13.99 here.

Also, it's interesting to see some people struggle to make that 100 post count. I've probably had days where I made 100 posts. Of course it's all mindless prattle, but still ;)

bottlebomber said:

Also, it's interesting to see some people struggle to make that 100 post count. I've probably had days where I made 100 posts. Of course it's all mindless prattle, but still ;)

Funny I was thinking the same thing. Especially with the amount of people in the beginners section always needing help with the simpler stuff. I guess we talk too much lol.

bottlebomber said:

Yeah it was 11.04. That is funny, its also funny how as soon as they hit 100 they stop posting.

MrNickVT said:
Yeah it was 11.04. That is funny, its also funny how as soon as they hit 100 they stop posting.

Still reading every post though. I just tend to do more reading than commenting in this site. But this thread has given me a great reason to give out advice where I can. Guess I should start talking more

I just tend to do more reading than commenting in this site.

This is me. Because if you post a question they tell you it's been talked about on numerous threads. If you comment on an older thread they blast you for bringing it back.

Updated..

3F-Dark lord, Zombie Dust, Behmoth
CCB -Huna, Leon, Jai Alai, Moat Water,
Surly- Darkness,
De Struise Brouwers: Black Albert
Perennial Artisan- BA Abraxas, Abraxas, any sours
Cascade- Blueberry, Apricot...any berry
Ithaca- Brute, LeBleu
Shorts-key lime pie
Upright- any sours
Upland- any sours
Kuhnhenn- Blueberry eisbock, any Meads
Cantillon- ANY
Odell- Friek
Hill Farmstead- any ipa or sour
Lawsons finest- any ipa/iipa
GI- any of the Bourbon County series
Bells- Black Note,
Founders- KBS, CBS, bolt cutter
Allagash-Coolship Cerise
Dieu de Ciele Peche Mortel
Jackie O's Dark Apparition
Billy beer
Jester King- RU-55, Black Metal,
Heady Topper

igotsand

Bump for going :off: . I think this is current.

Old-Ned said:
I haven't had that problem personally, but I've seen it a TON of times.

This site is nowhere near bad. People just get annoyed when someone makes no effort to search for something on the forum before posting. I've been on some Mustang forums where people get torn to shreds for not searching, reviving old topics, etc. I think everyone on here is quite civil.

Old-Ned said:
This is me. Because if you post a question they tell you it's been talked about on numerous threads. If you comment on an older thread they blast you for bringing it back.

I've never really had this problem. People just beat me to the punch on answering some threads. And I don't usually just chat in threads like this. On another note... I'm off to Russian river and lagunitas in an hour. Who wants stuff?? No beatification at the pub... That's the only one I see people post

xMalachi said:
This site is nowhere near bad. People just get annoyed when someone makes no effort to search for something on the forum before posting.

Yeah and that's really it. You can tell when someone made zero effort to search first. There can be 2-3 threads currently being discussed about the same thing and someone will post asking the same exact question. And it's not so bad to post a comment on an old thread, but trying to solve someone's problem posted 4 years ago that is now long forgotten is where people get annoyed. It doesn't take much effort to look at the date on the original and last post of the thread. With that being said, though, it's not that big of a deal, but some people like to go through and complain about those things and make people feel stupid when they make that mistake, but as a whole this is a friendly place. No one should let the unofficial forum police dissuade them from participating as much as they want.

Old-Ned said:

Screw "them". The actual helpful members on the forum will answer even the most ridiculous questions dozens of times.

TCGoose said:
I've never really had this problem. People just beat me to the punch on answering some threads. And I don't usually just chat in threads like this. On another note... I'm off to Russian river and lagunitas in an hour. Who wants stuff?? No beatification at the pub... That's the only one I see people post

I wouldn't mind a Russian River run. Shoot me a pm.

I agree with you all. MOST of the time people are helpful, and by reading, my questions are usually answered before I get to ask them. There are also threads (like this one) that I'm eager to get notifications for. :)

bottlebomber said:
Screw "them". The actual helpful members on the forum will answer even the most ridiculous questions dozens of times.

+1 to this. If your helping someone out who cares if your beating a dead horse. Not everyone is used to using computers let alone forums. They're trying hard to make sense of things, the last thing they need is to be flamed for asking for help.

+1 on that Keywest

I have even answered old threads at times for the exact reason people complain about: so that someone searching can have a quality answer. I have learned so much in the last 2 years from this forum so I try to answer what I know. Even if it is old. The more info out there, the easier it is for others to find.

Funny I was thinking the same thing. Especially with the amount of people in the beginners section always needing help with the simpler stuff. I guess we talk too much lol.

No such thing as talking to much about beer.

Updated..

3F-Dark lord, Zombie Dust, Behmoth
CCB -Huna, Leon, Jai Alai, Moat Water,
Surly- Darkness,
Cascade- Blueberry, Apricot...any berry
Ithaca- Brute, LeBleu
Shorts-key lime pie
Upright- any sours
Upland- any sours
Cantillon- ANY
Odell- Friek
Hill Farmstead- any ipa or sour
Lawsons finest- any ipa/iipa
GI- any of the Bourbon County series
Bells- Black Note,
Allagash-Coolship Cerise
Dieu de Ciele Peche Mortel
Jackie O's Dark Apparition
Billy beer
Heady Topper

igotsand

Bumping this

Yeah, I can't help my bud out on this one. I have two from his list but they were ones just fulfilled from my list! Hopefully someone will pull through.

I want to give other people a shot but I might have to scoop this one up if it doesn't get done in the next couple of days. :)

Its very doable. I was laying low to let others have a shot. I think I have 11 off the list. But some are from my wishes. Hopefully someone jumps in soon

Its very doable. I was laying low to let others have a shot. I think I have 11 off the list. But some are from my wishes. Hopefully someone jumps in soon

Took off BillyBeer(uberwhale)..:drunk:

Updated...

3F-Dark lord, Zombie Dust, Behmoth, Permanent Funeral
CCB -Huna, Leon, Jai Alai, Moat Water
Surly- Darkness,
Cascade- Any
Ithaca- Brute, LeBleu
Shorts-key lime pie
Upright- any sours
Upland- any sours
Cantillon- ANY
Odell- Friek
Hill Farmstead- any
Lawsons finest- any
GI- Any of the Bourbon County series, Juliet
Bells- Black Note,
Allagash-Coolship Cerise
Dieu de Ciele- Peche Mortel
Jackie O's- Dark Apparition
New Glarus- Raspberry Tart,
Logsdon farmhouse- Peche 'n Brett
RR- Beatification

igotsand

I know its not the point of the MAW, but i just thought i would let people know (because i see it a lot on lists) that you can buy a few of the cascade beers online through their website, including the blueberry

link

rich

mewithstewpid said:
I know its not the point of the MAW, but i just thought i would let people know (because i see it a lot on lists) that you can buy a few of the cascade beers online through their website, including the blueberry

link

rich

Thanks Rich I think you just gave everyone a source to stock up on some MAW ammunition!!

link

rich

yeah...I would love to try their beers, but not at the ridiculous prices they charge. You can buy many of the cantillon's beers online for the same price per fl oz shipped.

igotsand said:
Took off BillyBeer(uberwhale)..:drunk:

Updated...

3F-Dark lord, Zombie Dust, Behmoth, Permanent Funeral
CCB -Huna, Leon, Jai Alai, Moat Water
Surly- Darkness,
Cascade- Any
Ithaca- Brute, LeBleu
Shorts-key lime pie
Upright- any sours