I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good evening late nite crew. I hope all is well with you. Bobbi, we need an update. I know I seem to stop in, drop a video, and leave, but believe it I read everything.

Anyway, I'm gonna drop a video... I've been hooked on the Wood Brothers lately. Man they are talented. Everything.

For your late nite soundtrack, I offer the Wood Brothers Loaded....

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone close to me has pointed out the a very large percentage of my video songs that I have posted are usually of hot women who are also incredible songbirds....and my response was, "you believe this is to be a problem?"

I don't want to become a different person just because others think they have detected a supposed flaw, so I give you Stevie Nicks.....

Bobbi, we need an update.

Just chillin' in Gainesville. Walked up and down the street today just to see what was here. A big mall a couple blocks away, walked through there. Met some nice people, but I was trying to "play it cool". Wouldn't want to do anything my son would construe as embarrassing in his neighborhood.

Hubby is good, he is moving in with some family members on the property. Doctors talked to him about the way he has been acting out and the nurse called me about it. He should start behaving now. I am going to let him get settled in there good, before I go back to our place. The 2 mile trip over the very bumpy and even dangerous in some areas, driveway was too much for them driving back and forth.

Taking it easy tonight, checking emails, working on orders, work stuff, but easy stuff.

Oh heck. I did not go camping last year so my trailer sat for 2 years unused. I have been getting it ready to go camping over Memorial weekend and wow if it could break it did. Two water leaks and a sink repair later I thought I was done when I found the wheel bearings had gone dry. So new bearings and seals and then I decided to replace the batteries.

Man I am so broke I might have to hitch hike up to the camping spot. But a week from Thursday and I will be eating a steak grilled over a campfire :rockin:

Speaking of covers, here's one for ya. Can you name the original band? No cheating.....:)

I'm in a happy mood tonight. And I finally adjusted to the new stout on tap. After drinking pale ale for a couple months, it took a few days to grow on me.

Hmmm...Interesting...if I'm logged into YouTube and copy a URL, I get the secure version (HTTPS://) which does not embedded properly. If I alter the URL so use the non secure version (HTTP://), it embeds properly. Did emjay already explain this?

Hmmm...Interesting...if I'm logged into YouTube and copy a URL, I get the secure version (HTTPS://) which does not embedded properly. If I alter the URL so use the non secure version (HTTP://), it embeds properly. Did emjay already explain this?
I don't think so, but it was in one of my examples a few pages back. When you are logged in, youtube is evaluating if the rating of the video is ok based on your user preferences. So it gives you a secure url that responds to those settings. That url requires you to be signed in to work properly, so it doesn't embed.

The video you are watching will usually also have a "public" non-secure url that is the same minus the s after http. Some videos do not have public versions due to the content, and can only be viewed when you are signed in to youtube and have certified you are an adult.

Even then, youtube sometimes still just gives you the public URL.

it was in one of my examples a few pages back. When you are logged in, youtube is evaluating if the rating of the video is ok based on your user preferences. So it gives you a secure url that responds to those settings. That url requires you to be signed in to work properly, so it doesn't embed.

Thanks LG. That was the explanation I was looking for.

You can change the text that normally is what you click on for a link to change the embed title too.
(URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_S9VvJM1PI")This is the part you edit. Icon For Hire - Make A Move(/URL)

I see a sleeping cat...I must poke it.

Happy music, that's what I would like to listen to. Does anybody know of some happy music to go with the happy hops?

I see a sleeping cat...I must poke it.

Happy music, that's what I would like to listen to. Does anybody know of some happy music to go with the happy hops?

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, LG but this video is the beginning of a very happy story. Susan Boyle. Not taken seriously at first and then she begins to sing and she is beautiful.

I once had a nice collection of classical music CDs. They got lost over the years, to much moving with the military and my lack of attention.

One day I finally decided it best to get some kind of college degree. I was around 40 when I did that. I'll be honest, it's a BSD, as in bull **** degree. Would never get me a job.

One elective I took was Music Appreciation. I used to love classical music, then I took that class. Found out what I called classical is split into blah, blah, blah. Instead of listening to music as just an ignorant person they wanted me to dissect it. Tell you what, that took all the enjoyment out of listening to the music I loved in the first place. I did get an A in the class - Yippee. It took a few years after the class before I listened to classical again.

I'm back now happy I have forgotten all the rules and stuff and can just enjoy beautiful music.

If you don't listen to this I understand. I was going to submit an orchestra performing Vivaldi's, Four Seasons, all 32 minutes of it. To shorten this a bit will just play Wagner's, Flight of the Valkyries, as heard in the movie Apocalypse Now. Wish i could find the clip from the movie. Didn't though.

TURN UP THE VOLUME!!

You know Dan I love classical music as well. I really enjoy a string quartet when they get to playing off each other. I suppose that my favorite music is any kind of jam session though. As a kid I played with the Old Time Fiddlers and loved the weekly jam sessions. I guess that helped shape my love of all music.

Been thinking a bit about WHO I am as of late. Not race or status in life but how I see myself inside my mind and if it is possible even to explain what I think.

Sheesh I cannot even pose the idea in a cognizant manner much less what I see myself as

Been thinking a bit about WHO I am as of late. Not race or status in life but how I see myself inside my mind and if it is possible even to explain what I think.

Sheesh I cannot even pose the idea in a cognizant manner much less what I see myself as

I hear that. I found myself lacking in a few major categories recently and told my wife. She said I was being ridiculous. But that doesnt help much... opinions of others about you.

I really wish it was easier to write rather than think. I am so many things that it would be hard to nail down one attribute and say this is my life. I can say being a dad has been my life but that will taper off soon and then I will have to find some other label for myself.

I guess I am a nothing with a bunch of experience in everything.

I have been roaming around in my own head all day today. Now, thinking maybe I should write a book. Perhaps titled, "Why I Don't Like You". And it would be about people the opposite of our group on here. This is why I like to live in the middle of nowhere and only be around people I do like. Then I can fantasize that all people are good and good-hearted. Good people can do bad things once in a while, and that, to me, is forgivable, but bad people rarely do good things. They live their selfish lives not caring who they leave in the wake. The more people I am around, the more I want to go hide in the woods. I like choosing the people I surround myself with, not just being thrown into a group of random people and be told, "Get along." Not that I chose the people who post under this thread, but this thread has attracted the type of people that I do like. Birds of a feather, flock together, that type of thing.

You know how people say, well, I just don't like that person, but I can't pinpoint it. Not that I think I am better than them, and maybe I have made some of the exact same mistakes in the past, but I can pinpoint it. I know exactly why I don't like many of these people. And probably some of it comes back to things I don't like about myself, or in the past, didn't like about decisions I've made.

I really wish it was easier to write rather than think. I am so many things that it would be hard to nail down one attribute and say this is my life. I can say being a dad has been my life but that will taper off soon and then I will have to find some other label for myself.

I guess I am a nothing with a bunch of experience in everything.

Aren't we all just a collection of memories? How other see us, how you see yourself. Bottom line for me is when I look in the mirror am I content with how I am. Not that I haven't made mistakes BUT those mistakes IF learned from help to mold us to be a better person. There hasn't been one person on this wonderful site that I don't think I could hang out have a few and enjoy the experience. I have met several, talked, helped, traded with and have never been disappointed. If anyone wants stop by have a beer(yes, I know I have too many) I will be enriched by the meeting.:tank:

Aren't we all just a collection of memories? How other see us, how you see yourself.

Interesting thought.

Thing I don't like about myself/mistakes:
Making promises I can't keep. I had all the best of intentions, and thought at the the time, yes, I can do this. But then let people down.

Thing I don't like about other people:
Making me promises you can't keep. Be self aware, know your capabilities/limitations, don't make me promises you can't keep. Disappointment, to me, is worse than never having expected it in the first place.

Interesting thought.

Thing I don't like about myself/mistakes:
Making promises I can't keep. I had all the best of intentions, and thought at the the time, yes, I can do this. But then let people down.

Thing I don't like about other people:
Making me promises you can't keep. Be self aware, know your capabilities/limitations, don't make me promises you can't keep. Disappointment, to me, is worse than never having expected it in the first place.

Seems to me that maybe other people may also have better intentions thinking they would have the time/ability but then life gets in the way. In retrospect try to not take it as personal, learn others limitations as well as their strong suits. I consider my self a realist, the wife says I'm a pessimist, maybe a pessimist is merely an optimist with more experience with peoples shortcomings. True happiness comes from knowing and accepting who you are good,bad and indifference.
Life is alot like beer enjoy the good learn from the bad, and move along. :)

I try very hard not to judge people. Even just from personal experience, I know that you never really know a person's full background and history that influences the way they are and what they do. It's rarely as simple as just being a "bad" person. My father is the most judgmental person I know, and growing up around a man who always has something to say about everyone else is probably what's made me so aware and intent on not doing it myself.

That being said, it definitely irks me as well when people don't keep their commitments. I'd much rather they just don't make any commitment at all if there's much of a chance of that they'll flake. It would be easier to accept if it legitimately only seldom happened when there's a good and unexpected reason, but it just seems that flakiness is just so common with most people these days that the message is usually clear: I don't really give enough of a **** about you to actually try - or even remember - to keep my word.

Sad thing is I was thinking these thoughts stone cold sober :D

As a kid I worked on a ranch, farm and dairy. I joined the Army and then built a business installing cabinets. Now I do not work and wonder what I should think of myself. Am I a cowboy or a soldier. Am I a cabinet maker or a farmer. I am self taught machinist and mechanic yet do not consider myself one.

Oh bother I guess. I like who I am and what I have done. I guess I am not destined to fill any mold but be my own self.

Back