Ahoy maytees

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey people, what's happening? I am new to the forum and will begin my first brew ever on 5.31.13!

I ordered some gear very early on Friday morning (probably 1 or 2 AM), and it shipped at the end of the work day on Friday. It should be here sometime next week, so cheers to that!

I used some old Sam's Club gift cards to help with the cost of a 7.0 cubic foot freezer for a solid fermentation chamber (temp controller is en route).

The beer I'll be brewing is called "Wheaten Beatdown" -- It is a hybrid of sorts, and it should turn out OK! I will not be bottling anything this time; I ordered a 5 gallon corny keg (no plans for a keezer setup yet - just a party style tap - it will hang out in the freezer when not fermenting anything, or in my fridge).

I really have enjoyed reading in this forum, but figured it was time to join up since brew day is right around the corner. Take care. -TSB

Welcome to the group, from CO. Read the stickies, then ask away. Learning to ferment at proper temps, with O2 injection, IMO is key to great brews. You are on the right path!

Pratzie, I ordered a JC digital temperature controller.

I am from TX (I guess I better work on my HBT profile.) It is getting hotter every day down here, so the freezer and controller will help me out a bit; allow me to focus on other aspects of brewing.

Besides, I don't want to sacrifice any of my t-shirts or towels, and I need my fan to cool me down in this heat, not my carboy. The posts on this forum - and even in this thread - reinforce my decision to control my fermentation temp by way of freezer/controller, which makes me feel even better about making the investment.

Cheers, everyone.

Latest posts

Back