stovetop to burner options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkellner29

Reaction score
I have been brewing extract recipes for over two years now and was looking to move the boil to the garage or deck. I'm looking for good ideas... or type of propane burner to help me decrease the time it takes to get the extract boiling.

Share wih me the burners you use today and it you built anything to mount the burner. Brew area pics...

Thinking of building something that will hold the burner and allow me to store the tank underneath with table space for my brew supplies.

I am looking right now for a turkey fryer, problem is everything is 30qt in the stores. The lowest I have found is a 30qt propane fryer for 48 bucks on Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/ip/30-Quart-Propane-Turkey-Fryer-Set/13059419). Lowes has a 35qt but it has horrible reviews saying hte stand melts. Everything in the stores seems to be aluminium as well. My plan right now is to buy the walmart one for 48 bucks and then try to upgrade the pot later. Problem is I dont know if I will be able to find a pot that is the same width to fit on the burner.

I would go with the $48 one. The cheaper one is a "jet" cooker and is going to have a more focused flame. This can increase the chances of scorching. I would check out craigs list. I was lucky enough to find one for $25.00. When I told the guy what I was using it for he gave me 5 gal carboy too. He was moving from ann arbor to manhattan.

Back