What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew! Stuffed after dinner - this might be it for the night. At least it is good! :mug:

image-3793684039.jpg

Drinking my Pliny clone while cleaning up a great brew day. Brewed a Honey Blonde Ale for summer. If its good Ill brew probably 10-15 more gallons for camoing trips and general good times! :D

A fantastic treat from WesleyS. Saint Arnold Divine Reserve 8. Its a scottish ale brewed in 2009 and wow it is tasty. It has a great chocolate smoothness in the mouthfeel and taste. And at the end there is a nice little bite of alcohol like in a nice red wine. Very happy with this beer.

ForumRunner_20130507_204057.png

nukebrewer said:
The bourbon character is quite heavy handed on this one and drowns out most of the hop character. Not a fan.

Completely agreed. I liked it for what it is...but IMO IPAs aren't really meant to be aged. So while I liked it for what it is I don't like what it is haha if that makes any sense

Swarley88 said:
A fantastic treat from WesleyS. Saint Arnold Divine Reserve 8. Its a scottish ale brewed in 2009 and wow it is tasty. It has a great chocolate smoothness in the mouthfeel and taste. And at the end there is a nice little bite of alcohol like in a nice red wine. Very happy with this beer.

Glad you enjoyed it! I thought it was pretty good too.

SA Old Fezziwig. Not bad. Trying to finish up this holiday sample pack I got for Christmas.

Swarley88 said:
This says its 16%. If that's true there is no hint of it in here at all.

I should've had my mom pick me up some of that. They currently live about 10 minutes from the brewery. I love Two Brothers beer and the food at their brewpub is awesome as well!

Deviant Dale's sucked. It tasted very similar to Dale's Pale Ale, which I do not like. I still need to give Ten Fidy and G'Knight a try. I'm not sold on Oskar Blues as of right now.

Picked this one up while I was in Vermont. Rock Art has a neat little brewery and a great shop. This a great pumpkin stout. No spices, just pumpkin and spruce. The pumpkin is very subtle, but it's great. I know it's about 180 degree out of season, but it sounded so good I couldn't resist.

20130507_231000.jpg

wyobrewer1 said:
Deviant Dale's sucked. It tasted very similar to Dale's Pale Ale, which I do not like. I still need to give Ten Fidy and G'Knight a try. I'm not sold on Oskar Blues as of right now.

Just had a Deviant tonight and will have to respectfully disagree with you. Way better than the Pale. So much citrus in Deviant. Gubna is fantastic as well.

Back