basswood honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its supposed to be pretty good. I haven't made a batch with it yet, but remember to each his own. I would try a 1 gallon traditional with it and see if it's up to your standards of deliciousness.

Interesting as in... never again? Or like wow that was pretty good?

Oh sorry. Delicious. Simply lovely. If I could get my hands on it again for that price (I cant) I would do it all the time.

It has a unique minty taste to it and is sweeter tasting than the same amount of clover or even buckwheat.

sadly i didn't keep with the basswood honey for the rest of the recipe.... i added about 6lbs of orange blossom honey to the 5gal batch of mead, i ended up with 16lbs total, i hope it comes out alright, its just now slowing down fermentation. ill be transfering for the addition of the 14 lbs of frozen strawberries. let me know if this sounds good

Sounds lovely really. I would give it a taste before putting it over fruit, though, might not need it!

Latest posts

Back