Time in a bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ringo8553

Reaction score
Not a bad situation entirely, but I am running out of room in my fridge.
What if anything, happens to home brew if I take it out for a while and refrigerate later for the second time? Are there any styles that I should NOT do this with? I can only drink so fast...:mug:

If you need some help making room, I'm sure you'll find some thirsty volunteers here. Count me in! ;)

Time in a bottle? Good song by Jim Croce that we had a soloist play at our wedding 36 years ago! :D Ok,interesting tidbits aside,I don't think it hurts it myself. I've fridge beers for a few days or longer that I took out to label,package & send to friends or family. They tasted fine to them,other than sometimes the carbonation being lacking. but that's a seperate issue.

I for one would also like to be in if we are gonna just drink your fridge into having more room!!! If that's not a viable option, I do not think there is any real harm to pulling the bottles for a short time. I have bottles that are ageing that have not ever seen the cool air of the fridge, and they drink wonderfully when I do chill them.

Kurt

I can get a good supply of Styrofoam-lined shipping boxes which is where I store all my brews. In my basement for carbonation/conditioning, then out in my garage for storage. They stay cool enough out there that I don't need refrigeration except for July and August. Lucky, I guess.....

I can get a good supply of Styrofoam-lined shipping boxes which is where I store all my brews. In my basement for carbonation/conditioning, then out in my garage for storage. They stay cool enough out there that I don't need refrigeration except for July and August. Lucky, I guess.....

I like the styrofoam idea...really adds to temp stability.

Back