Star Wars fans, any ideas for recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fransjoe

Reaction score
I'm trying to think of a recipe that could be considered a Corellian Ale, any ideas?

Bantha-milk stout anyone?

Ok but really- I’m thinking something bright and clear.. Coaxium Brut IPA perhaps?

Last edited:
On a less snarky note, I've no idea what would constitute Corellian ale.
Something with a little sassiness, rye?
Something a little sneaky, higher ABV?
Something that captures a princess's heart because they're a nerf herding scoundrel?

CorellianAle.png

Other sources indicate 60% wheat.
Spice is optional.
:mug:

Last edited:
No Corellian ale recipe, but I've got a 3.2 recipe I can share.
Cheap, quick, and fizzy for those who don't know any better and don't care.

Womp Rat Ale, even cheaper than BMC (5gal)
4lb US 2-row
1lb Flaked rice
8oz Corn syrup
US-05
Any cheap noble hop under 4AAU, boil 30mins

Millennium and Falconers Flight hops?

Cute, although your grist could include Falcon, which is a Canadian feed barley.

An obvious one would be Planet, one of the main UK malting varieties (available eg here, but since it's now one of the most common varieties, any generic UK pale malt will probably contain some). Asteroid is a more rust-resistant variety from the same stable.

Also Infinity is a UK feed barley if you want to go beyond the norm, both Gravity and Firefly are wheat varieties.

Galaxy would be obvious hops, also Flyer, Pilot and Target?

If you view space as an extreme version of air travel, then you'd probably need bigger fruit flavours and more sweetness but lower alcohol and acidity, as the body suppresses/exaggerates those characteristics when you're drinking in a plane.

I was thinking a red IPA with a hint of vanilla and possibly some Cascade as a dry hop addition, using Fuggles as main bittering

I was thinking a red IPA with a hint of vanilla and possibly some Cascade as a dry hop addition, using Fuggles as main bittering

That sounds like it would make a nice beer, but incorporating some of the ingredients listed that have names that are like Star Wars....

All you really have is a red IPA with vanilla, nothing special. But that is just my opinion.

Knowing nothing about it, this random Google page says it used "Corellian aged wheat" (let's assume that meant malted wheat), "it also came in a spiced variety", it "had a sweet flavor and medium weight body...It was possibly the most common alcoholic beverage in the galaxy...purple in color".

If it's that commercially successful it probably is on the bland side, I'd be thinking something a bit like Blue Moon.

But for colour you want Clitoria flowers, which have been used extensively by people trying to make blue beer but which mostly come out purple at beer pH. That's what makes it feel a bit alien.

Last edited:
That sounds like it would make a nice beer, but incorporating some of the ingredients listed that have names that are like Star Wars....

All you really have is a red IPA with vanilla, nothing special. But that is just my opinion.

It's all in the marketing, look how everyone went crazy for plastic triangles with ball bearings in the center.

Brew what you want and call it whatever you like.

Homebrewing at its finest!

Pretty much, but from the Star Wars Galaxy pic posted the brew could be a weizenbock to a gratzer-like "champagne" wheat - or anything in between as long as it was lightly to moderately hopped.
Depends on where the inspiration is drawn from, really. When you're using fantasy-inspired background things are really up for interpretation. As a big fan of "Skyrim", a Nordic-themed video game from Bethesda, I've seen a few discussions here about what might be realistic interpretations of Blackbriar mead. Besides, just look what the brewers who took some inspiration from Stephen King spawned - the graf malted apple cider thread that runs forever.

Few Jedi came from there = something mystical

Lots of crack pilots from there too = something high ABV for liquid courage

If you do a search you can also come up with a Sour Berliner weisse on UnTapped.. There's some microbreweryin Miami called J. Wakefield that's staked a claim on Correllian ale name but the beer isn't on their website's brew list.
Discontinued, most likely and the owner seems to be a movie buff who hijacks content for beer names.

If you do a search you can also come up with a Sour Berliner weisse on UnTapped.. There's some microbreweryin Miami called J. Wakefield that's staked a claim on Correllian ale name but the beer isn't on their website's brew list.
Discontinued, most likely and the owner seems to be a movie buff who hijacks content for beer names.

Or it could be that the empire (Disney) got to him

Back