ssr question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kosmokramer

Reaction score
I was looking on amazon for an ssr and found one with these specs

Input: 3V-32V DC
Control: 24V~380V AC
Current: 40A

It says it is good up to 3500 watt power consumption.Is that accurate? Im am purchasing it for 5500 watt elements.

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing in some of those descriptions. If it's truly rated at 40A (with heat sink), then you should be good. I don't know where they get the 3500W from - some of the ads state that it requires a heat sink or it will burn out. I doubt that it would handle 3500W without a heat sink, but maybe that's what they mean? Try emailing the seller - someone there must speak engrish...

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing in some of those descriptions. If it's truly rated at 40A (with heat sink), then you should be good. I don't know where they get the 3500W from - some of the ads state that it requires a heat sink or it will burn out. I doubt that it would handle 3500W without a heat sink, but maybe that's what they mean? Try emailing the seller - someone there must speak engrish...

lol, okay thanks. Ill order that sucker right now

Back