Speakers and stereo equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a pair of Panasonic that I got at the airport marked down from 250 to 65. They are cozy af and sound awesome. I'll find model and share later. They are still floating around for 50 or whatever and you can find all sorts of articles that claim they are the best in that range, they might be. But that's not the point. I got my wife the first edition of the bw ear buds for Christmas last year iirc, with a clearish gray cord on Craig's list and doing an a b test was revealing. These headphones I thought sounded good were like trash toys in comparison. Everything sounds awesome until you compare. So dont compare and be happy :) ? I have heard the bose only for a short second and they were nice. But also 300. Good luck finding some! I hate buds because I like to run and work out and I get mean when they fall out. The bw dont fall out but some complain they hurt.

Anyone have Sonos speakers for whole-house music? I've got 6 of these speakers hidden around my house for background music. It's pretty fantastic.

I'm sure it's not enthusiast-level sound, compared to the monster equipment many of you have. You superstylin guys remind me of this:

Anyone have Sonos speakers for whole-house music? I've got 6 of these speakers hidden around my house for background music. It's pretty fantastic.

I'm sure it's not enthusiast-level sound, compared to the monster equipment many of you have. You superstylin guys remind me of this:

I have heard from many they sound good. They have been discussed a few times here iirc. Afrolou I think uses them and bwarbiany? Never thought about just background vs main system. That is fun. For their price new I found I could get way to good a speaker used. I paid 300 for this set for example. I use the amazon echo show for background music in the kitchen. While not sounding as good and a pita and a spy, it would be sweet to stash around as background music because voice control and the one thing it does well is find music?! Haha that was sweet. Funny.
Screenshot_20201222-022827_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20201222-022827_Google.jpg

Cool thread here! I just recently discovered the joys of audio equipment (just what I need... Another expensive hobby to go with homebrewing). I recently set up a 5.1.4 home theater in my basement. It's not the highest end equipment but it does the job for me.

Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSXLX503
Front Left/Right - Polk T50
Center Channel - Polk T30
Rear Surrounds - Polk T15
Height Speakers - Polk OWM3
Subwoofer - Polk PSW108

Photos... P.S. please ignore the mess. I've been using this room a lot lately lol.
PXL_20210315_000831574.jpg
PXL_20210315_000519096.jpg
PXL_20210315_000313119.jpg
PXL_20210314_235206349.jpg

Watched Hacksaw Ridge on the system this afternoon. Great movie! Love what Dolby Atmos brings to the table!View attachment 722253

Looks like an awesome listing/watching room. God I wish I had a basement. I've got polk all around in my family room (I have all in-wall in-ceiling speakers in there).

Back