Southern New Hampshire Gets One More Brewer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerme603

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations, This is my first brewing forum and I am super excited to be joining such an awesome community. I have brewed 4 extract brews in the past and loved it, but I wanted more. Last week I brewed 2 different all grain recipes and I was immediately infatuated with the process. Obviously I have a lot to learn and I hope this is the place to do that. With that being said, I have taken my first steps on the long and perilous road of all grain brewing. I would love any advice and pointers.

welcome to the hobby! I live in Amherst, so we may be (near) neighbors

I've been brewing on and off since 2007. Went from a simple setup to complicated, and now back to simple.

Full volume, no-sparge BIAB. I can be done with a brew day in under 3 hours and that fits my lifestyle right now. Try to keep the kegerator pipeline full with 8 kegs and 3 on tap at any one time. I also brew cider in the fall when the local orchards are pressing juice

Welcome to the community and obsession from CT!

Few pointers:

1. K.I.S.S( keep it simple stupid) the more simple the easier your brew days will be.

2. Fermentation temp control is crucial! Pitch enough yeast at good temps and you're gonna make good beer.

3.Patience: If you bottle, wait 3 weeks. If you keg...wait 3 weeks...young beer might be good for some but I'd rather let my beers condition and age a little bit to develop flavors.

Back