New homebrew talker from Cali

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewjavz

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here, I've been brewing for 4 yrs on and off but I know I will learn way more from here than from any book I read.

Welcome! What are you brewing now? How often do you brew? What type of system do you have?

So cal, Orange County. I have black ipa, cherry red and 2 pale ales( same grain grist different hops) on draft, brewing 2 IPAs, one gonna filter thru coffee. All grain igloo coolers.

Nice! Were brewing a coconut porter as we speak and many more either kegged or bottled. We are starting a brew club here in orange county within a few weeks. Check out www.OCcraftbeer.com in a few weeks for an update if your interested.

Cheers!

You'll def find what you need here,young jedi. Love to get out to socal again,as our daughter owns a cookie shop in Hollywood. Would be even better to get together with HB'rs...

Hey all! Nor cal Sac area here. This is my first time on here and Im doing my first brew this weekend. I tried to brew yesterday but ran out of gas, haha epic fail. Im really inspired from my uncle who has been brewing with Hess brewing out of San Diego and went to visit his new brew house a few month ago and was blown away! Now I have to get into it! Anyone else from around sac/tahoe area?

Hey guys I'm new here, I've been brewing for 4 yrs on and off but I know I will learn way more from here than from any book I read.

Hey all! Nor cal Sac area here. This is my first time on here and Im doing my first brew this weekend. I tried to brew yesterday but ran out of gas, haha epic fail. Im really inspired from my uncle who has been brewing with Hess brewing out of San Diego and went to visit his new brew house a few month ago and was blown away! Now I have to get into it! Anyone else from around sac/tahoe area?

2 new brewers in the same INTRO!! LOVE IT!!

Welcome to the forum guys..

If you guys ever get up to Redding give me a shout I would love to show you around the shop. And maybe the brewery will be up and running by then..

Cheers
Jay

Jaybird said:

If you guys ever get up to Redding give me a shout I would love to show you around the shop. And maybe the brewery will be up and running by then..

Cheers
Jay

Thanks jay

OCcraftbeer said:
Nice! Were brewing a coconut porter as we speak and many more either kegged or bottled. We are starting a brew club here in orange county within a few weeks. Check out www.OCcraftbeer.com in a few weeks for an update if your interested.

Cheers!

I'll have to check it out, I've been looking for a club around here.

I'm rather new to homebrewing myself, but I thought I'd pop in and say "Welcome" especially since we both live behind the Orange Curtain.

Cheers!

Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay! I will have to take you up on that if I'm ever around.

Took my first gravity reading about an hour ago. I forgot to take one when I put it into the fermenter but per the directions im about half way. Its been 48 hours and Im betting it will be done in another 3 but we shall see. :) I live a little up the hill towards Tahoe in a town called Pollock Pines.

So cal, Orange County. I have black ipa, cherry red and 2 pale ales( same grain grist different hops) on draft, brewing 2 IPAs, one gonna filter thru coffee. All grain igloo coolers.

Hey Brewjavz. Im still learning all this stuff so what do you mean when you said 1 IPA you gonna filter thru coffee? Hows that going?

Back