Danby Kegerator icicles forming on the back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A50SNAKE

Reaction score
hello all, I just bought and hooked up my Danby Kegerator (chill-n-tap) from costco, and i've only got it plugged in and getting it to temperature. i have an empty bud light can, filled with water, and I'm using an Ikea remote thermometer that has a probe and a cable, and I'm running the cable thru the CO2 line hole on the back up to the head unit.

I've had it pretty steady at 37 for awhile and I've noticed allot of ice forming on the back plate. I've since up'ed it to 39, and there is still allot of ice forming.

is this normal? should I be worried? some older chaps told me that opening and closing the door allot will cause this to happen as well.

that would kind of suck, as I only have one tap on the tower (thats what it came with) and I was planning on using a picnic tap for my second keg in this fridge. so i would technically be opening and closing the door allot in that case. but i wanted to do that, to save some money.

please let me know your thoughts on my issue, or if its not even an issue at all.

thanks,:drunk:

I don't have an answer. Sorry. I'm just jealous. My kegerator has crapped out on me. It's slowly been rising in temperature it is now at 63 F and won't cool down. I haven't even had it a year and this is the second one I'm going to have to replace. The first one showed up at my house DOA.

I wouldn't worry though. Most of them defrost.

thanks temple240....but, I don't understand. what is a damp rid? sorry if its a newb question, but I am very new to the kegging scene.

inside the fridge, running down that back metal plate on the back wall. and some are even hanging down from that, but frozen... :(

Latest posts

Back